Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacers in 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pacers in 2006

    Funny how many talking heads picked the Pacers to win the title in '06.

    Not me.

    They have talent but they are leaderless. Until JO emerges as a leader the Pacers will just be a good team.

    IMHO of course.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

    Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

  • #2
    Headless Horse comes to mind..................
    SENسR MODERATOR......

    "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

    Comment


    • #3
      Anything short of a championship...

      Lose to the worst team in the NBA by 32.

      I DON'T THINK SO.

      No Reggie, No Title.

      Comment


      • #4
        I didn't see/hear anyone pick the Pacers to win it all (not saying that it didn't happen, just that's usually when I stop paying attention).
        Just San Antonio, Miami, and Detroit (herd mentality). Talking heads, indeed.

        It's a looooong season and there's still a loooong way to go.

        But the way the Pacers have lost the last 2 games is cause for some concern.

        "Lose to the worst team in the NBA by 32."
        Not so fast.

        Sincerely,
        Toronto & Atlanta
        "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
        - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

        Comment


        • #5
          Don’t get too down, Hoosiers. You have the Colts. I can speak from experience that having a championship team in town will take a LOT of the sting out of the disappointment you’ll feel from your other team’s failures. And it sure looks like this could be the Colts’ year.

          Comment


          • #6
            The team isn't all that bad. They pulled this kind of stuff WITH Reggie and they never won a championship with him. It's deep team. Will it win it all this year? Not very likely all. However, they are well coached and have a good organization. They will get better. New leaders will emerge.
            BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Media Boy
              The team isn't all that bad. They pulled this kind of stuff WITH Reggie and they never won a championship with him. It's deep team. Will it win it all this year? Not very likely all. However, they are well coached and have a good organization. They will get better. New leaders will emerge.
              Hey, you never know. Who would have picked the White Sox at the beginning of the year?

              Even going into the playoffs, the "experts" were still picking either Boston or New York (talk about heard mentality).

              At least wait and see what they look like around January/February before giving up.

              Of course by then you all might be suffering from Colts Celebrationitis.
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                Even going into the playoffs, the "experts" were still picking either Boston or New York (talk about heard mentality).
                Of course, we who are true Red Sox fans weren't confident of that at all. The White Sox and Angels did us a favor, I don't know if my heart could have put up with an ACLS with the Yanks three straight years.
                It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  They can still be a great team and the season is only beginning.

                  But to lose by 32 to a second-year team minus a starter or two makes me want to look for a puking icon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Even though Miller was past his prime, he still greatly affected defenses with his shooting ability. Whoever was guarding Miller couldn't leave him to double Indiana's post players.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jkg
                      Even though Miller was past his prime, he still greatly affected defenses with his shooting ability. Whoever was guarding Miller couldn't leave him to double Indiana's post players.
                      He was also one of the greatest free-throw shooters in the NBA.
                      BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Media Boy
                        He was also one of the greatest free-throw shooters in the NBA.

                        You should get a Bingo from BWH for that comment...........

                        This Pacer team can't shoot free throws..........
                        SENسR MODERATOR......

                        "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

                        Comment

                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X