Progress in a Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress in a Can

My sweet 84 year old mother fired off a letter to Campbell's soup.
    Her complaint was that she could not open their pull ring cans.
    And the can's design does not permit her to open them with her electric can opener.

So they sent her two 50 cents off coupons toward her next purchase.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Well if they couldn't help her I guess they decided to double her trouble.

Along those lines I rented a house near Bloomington one time and the guy moving out wanted to sell us his refridgerator and I told him that we were going to buy one but wanted to see if it worked before we bought it... the next day I noticed that there was a package of hotdogs in the freezer that he had left behind and who knows how long they had been in there but they weren't frozen. So I called him to come get his refridgerator as we had decided to go to Sears and buy a new one.

Then he shows up still trying to talk us into buying it and he wanted to know why... so I open the freezer door and pull out what I tell him were his hot dogs waving them so he can see that they are still limp and tell him that the only reason we want one is to keep stuff cold so we weren't interested. His response to that??

Oh, you can have the hot dogs.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

I hate the new pull tab cans. Does anybody know how to open one without splattering the contents of the can all over the known universe?

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
        I hate the new pull tab cans. Does anybody know how to open one without splattering the contents of the can all over the known universe?
        Only buy Spam.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

"Progress in a Can"

And here I thought this thread was going to be about a new constipation medication.
          Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Buy the condensed without the pull ring and get over it.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
              Only buy Spam.
              I love spam. It comes with it's own ring.

Comment

Are you guys kidding? I love the new pull-tab cans, though I can understand if some people actually have trouble with them. There ought to be a way to do both ways, pull-tab or opener. To open them without splattering things, just do it slowly until it's almost all the way off, then push the top back toward the can so that when it snaps off, any "splatter" goes into the can. I'm surprised they haven't all gone to plastic containers anyway.
                Paul Woods
                IndyCar Buzz | 500 Miles to Go

Comment

Originally posted by flyingpylon
                  To open them without splattering things, just do it slowly until it's almost all the way off, then push the top back toward the can so that when it snaps off, any "splatter" goes into the can. .
                  I've tried that, and stained two dress shirts this month when the last part of the lid seperates from the can, flipping a fine mist of tomato sauce at what seems to be random direction. It's probably my incredible clumsiness, but I now open pull tab cans in a sink with a bib on!

Comment

I've tried it all, and now I just keep a napkin handy. I have soup most everyday for lunch now that the weather has turned cold. And it's the same splatter everyday.
                    ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                      I love spam. It comes with it's own ring.
                      I prefer the old kind, with the key. They made dandy necklaces.
                      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

I married a woman who makes all her soup homemade from scratch....
                        “We live in a great and free country only because our forefathers were willing to wage war rather than accept the peace that spells destruction” Theodore Roosevelt

"There is nothing patriotic about hating your country, or pretending that you can love your country but despise your government. There is nothing heroic about turning your back on America, or ignoring your own responsibilities." Bill Clinton

Comment

That reminds me of a time in a greasy spoon. My plate was set before me. The waitress said "He kind of burned your fries, so he gave you extra."

If there's anything I like better than bad food, it's lots of it.

Comment

When the lid is almost totally removed, twist it toward the right (if you're a rightie). Don't pull it straight off.
                            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Hmmm...first it was appliances, now it's soup.

I can understand tenderloins, but are we getting soft over here in the off season?

...---...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X