Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Love the Dark Humor

Kings fined $30,000

The Sacramento Kings were fined $30,000 by the NBA on Monday for showing derogatory images of Detroit on video screens before their home opener against the Pistons.

When the Pistons were introduced Nov. 8, the ARCO Arena scoreboard flashed pictures of abandoned buildings, burned-out cars and piles of rubble.

The Kings later apologized.
    “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

How DARE they show the truth!!!

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

That's not funny, that's sick.

Okay, so it is a little funny...

...oh, all right, it was a gutbuster. Worth every penny of the 30K.
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
        How DARE they show the truth!!!

Is that what we want to see at a Basketball game? And BTW not all of Detroit is empty houses and and abandoned factories... if they were interested in showing the truth they would have shown the whole truth and not be so selective.

Of course Detroit could show clips of Ahhnold butchering the english language, or shots of dead gang members when they introduce the Kings... so maybe it was best to nip this in the bud before it became a contest to see who could come up with the most embarrassing images of each visiting team's home town.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
          Is that what we want to see at a Basketball game? And BTW not all of Detroit is empty houses and and abandoned factories... if they were interested in showing the truth they would have shown the whole truth and not be so selective.

Of course Detroit could show clips of Ahhnold butchering the english language, or shots of dead gang members when they introduce the Kings... so maybe it was best to nip this in the bud before it became a contest to see who could come up with the most embarrassing images of each visiting team's home town.
          "Lighten up Francis."

If they visited my hometown, they could show burned out stills. Not to mention those still in operation. Probably a few meth labs too.
          You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ThingsThatExplode
            "Lighten up Francis."

If they visited my hometown, they could show burned out stills. Not to mention those still in operation. Probably a few meth labs too.
            I don't think so... this was an example of sportsmanship gone amuck and certainly not something the NBA or any other sporting body would want to see mimicked from city to city...

well except for the WWE.

Shirley you agree?

Comment

I don't think so... this was an example of sportsmanship gone amuck and certainly not something the NBA or any other sporting body would want to see mimicked from city to city...

well except for the WWE.

Shirley you agree?
              I'll be the first....and quit calling me Shirley.

Apparently the deniability factor was pretty high in Sacramento. No one could explain how the shots got into the computer programmed scoreboard. Must have been a virus, or W, or TG who did it.

Sparky is correct, it was poor sportsmanship. Having spent a lot of time in Detroit and seen my share of burning buildings, it unfortunately resonated.
              Old stereotypes are hard to live down, just ask Cleveland.

Reminds me of that Steve Martin Tonight Show apology where he said he actually meant Terre Haute, Indiana.
              “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Some places pay more than that JUST TO EVEN GET MENTIONED. $30K may have been a bargain for Motor City. How many have actually come to their defense with positive statements they would have never been able to buy.
                Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by WheelerDealer
                  I'll be the first....and quit calling me Shirley.

Apparently the deniability factor was pretty high in Sacramento. No one could explain how the shots got into the computer programmed scoreboard. Must have been a virus, or W, or TG who did it.
                  Maybe it was...........
                  TURK
                  182!

Comment

And yet if before a Piston's game in Detroit they had a video of the players dribbling and passing the ball to each other while making their way through those same burned out buildings...everyone would say that they're just showing they have "street cred." Go figure.
                    Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Sorry, panties-in-a-wad bunch but my sense of humor is still intact and I find this humorous.

I don't remember the Knicks being fined for promoting the "Hicks against the Knicks" playoff series.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

(unwadding pink panties with red sequins)

Sorry, I found it neither humorous or classy.
                        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                        ~~Groucho Marx
                        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Where do you live?

Hoity-toity land?

Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I don't know... thongs make me chafe so I go comando under my kilt.

Comment

I don't know... thongs make me chafe so I go comando under my kilt.

Is it true you wear a kilt so the sheep won't hear the zipper?
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X