Louie Louie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louie Louie

This story is a llitle old but I just heard about it. I can't believe after some 40 odd years people still fight over Louie Louie.

www.freep.com/news/mich/date7e_20050507.htm

Why let the truth get in the way of a good hyperventilation?
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Wow. In the age of the internet you'd think he'd bother to look up the lyrics.

It took me 15 seconds.

Louie, Louie
      By Richard Berry

Louie Louie, oh no
      Me gotta go
      Aye-yi-yi-yi, I said
      Louie Louie, oh baby
      Me gotta go

Fine little girl waits for me
      Catch a ship across the sea
      Sail that ship about, all alone
      Never know if I make it home

CHORUS

Three nights and days I sail the sea
      Think of girl, constantly
      On that ship, I dream she's there
      I smell the rose in her hair.

CHORUS

Okay, let's give it to 'em, right now!

GUITAR SOLO

See Jamaica, the moon above
      It won't be long, me see me love
      Take her in my arms again
      Tell her I'll never leave again

CHORUS

Let's take it on outa here now
      Let's go!!
      On a side note, when I was a Undergrad at U of S. Carolina, the band was banned from playing "Rock 'n Roll pt 2" because some people yelled out an obscenity begining with F in during a cheer after the song. They tried to come up with a different cheer that people couldn't pervert, but nobody used it because it was stupid. Louie, Louie was also banned, but that was a different issue involving the upper deck swaying as people danced to the song. Before I showed up, the saying was "if it ain't swaying, we're not playing". Once I showed up they banned all fun on campus, including raising the drinking age, etc.
      It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

I could not believe it when the governor of Indiana banned it years ago. That whole incident went all the way to the FBI. That was all about the recording done by the Kingsmen. The FBI file contains some lyric claims very different from the real ones. The FBI finally admitted they could find nothing to validate Indiana's claim.
        Last edited by stockblock; 11-13-2005, 09:08 PM.

Comment

You have to listen to Todd Snider's "Ballad of the Kingsmen" off of the East Nashville Skyline album from last year. Not only a great story about the Kingsmen but one of the best social commentaries written in a long time. Of course that flies right over the heads of most folks.
          Dan Schlosser
          Go fast, turn left !
          www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
          Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Whenever I have flies over my head I figure it's time to take my seasonal bath.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
            I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X