Marines 230th Birthday/Veterans Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marines 230th Birthday/Veterans Day

Happy Birthday to my fellow resident Marines, and a hearty handshake and thank you on Veteran's Day to all on this board who have served this great country.

Semper Fidelis.

...a puerile junior-high zit-laden bloviating bozo loser blogger using third-rate scatological pseudo-humor talking loud and saying nothing.

Tip'o the hat to generations of jarheads.

We sleep secure while they watch the walls.
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

To my dad, my godfather, my brother-in-law, dog, and all the others-
      Happy Birthday, and thank you.

Also, check out the four stamp set of Marines the Post Office is putting on sale today.

Last edited by jandj; 11-10-2005, 06:50 AM.
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Marines scare me...and that's good. I'm very glad we have them and I salute you all. Please don't hurt me.
        BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by jandj
          To my dad, my godfather, my brother-in-law, dog, and all the others-
          Happy Birthday, and thank you.

Also, check out the four stamp set of Marines the Post Office is putting on sale today.

That's so cool. "Chesty" Puller, who I believe won four Navy Crosses and "Manila" John Basilone, MoH winner at Guadalcanal and one of the Marine Corps all-time greats.

A little story on Basilone. After winning the MoH, he could have sat out the rest of the war doing Bond tours, recruiting drives and mingling with the stars, but that wasn't him, so he wrangled his way back into active duty and served again, unfortunately getting killed at Iwo Jima, another legendary Marines Corp battle.

Before he died, he did more acts of bravery and was awarded a posthumus Navy Cross. A true warrior to the end.

I think the main drag at Camp Pendleton is named for him.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X