Tornado in Southern Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado in Southern Indiana

During the overnight some nasty windy storms passed through Indiana, setting off a tornado with fatalities and injuries in the Newburgh and Boonville areas down by Evansville. Any other reports from Hoosiers? Where I live just a few branches down, but the wind was pretty constant.
    www.ragingphotos.com

Been watching the news today on it.

Looks pretty serious. Hope all get better soon!

Any TF'rs around there???
    ...---...

Comment

Here's a google news search link for "Indiana Tornado"

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&hs...=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Most of them just use the AP wire, but Kentucky.com says 15 confirmed dead and reports are for 150+ injured. Aparently they got about 10 minutes warning when the sirens went off. Since it was at 2am, many people didn't hear them. For those of us who are hard of hearing, that's a pretty frightening thought. But, 10 minutes isn't a lot of time to get to safety. At least you get warning for a hurricane.

I hope nobody on this board lost anybody.

Just wonding though, how do they warn deaf people about a tornado?
      It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

To paraphrase Terre Haute's Channel 10 weathercaster Kevin Orpurt on last night's 11 o'clock news - when it's that warm (70 degrees) that late in the day, that late in the year; it's never a good thing.

Thoughts & prayers to all touched by this storm.
        #BCForever

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
          Been watching the news today on it.

Looks pretty serious. Hope all get better soon!

Any TF'rs around there???
          I know a registered TF user but doesn't come here much that is visiting family down there but I won't know if he is okay until tomorrow. He lives here in Indy.

Comment

The weird thing is that I woke up about the time of the tornado touched because we had really strong winds outside of my apartment here in Brownsburg.

Comment

And the "reporter" on FOX News stated Indiana is NOT in tornado alley. What else? That is a good thing to find out.
              Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by fivehundred2go
                And the "reporter" on FOX News stated Indiana is NOT in tornado alley. What else? That is a good thing to find out.
                What was that reporter smokin. We been in tornado alley since I was a young young kid.

Btw find out my friend from TF was 10 miles from that trailer park.

Comment

Did I hear the news correctly last night? They estimated that thing as 5 hundred yards wide?
                  ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
                    Did I hear the news correctly last night? They estimated that thing as 5 hundred yards wide?
                    I heard half a mile, which would make it 880(ish). But it was reported to be an F3. All the locals are down there competing for the best coverage, so we're seeing all kinds of destruction and human survival stories that are pretty amazing.
                    www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Was in Owensboro, KY this weekend. Wow! Had no idea until I woke up Sunday morning.

Scary. And very sad
                      "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
                      - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

We were in French Lick and I slept right through the storms. I don't think it got too bad in the French Lick/West Baden metroplex--but I was asleep.
                        BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Tornado Alley is something you have to promote... Indiana's Tourism department just never saw the wisdom in promoting their tendency to get hit by tornados... they decided to focuss on being the Crossroads of America instead.

Oklahoma apparently didn't have any alternatives.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X