Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona 52 UCLA 14

Can I hear a "Whoo whoo"
    “I think some drivers must still think it’s Dan. They keep flipping me off.” - Dario Franchitti

My niece will be crushed. She's a sophomore and she and her Dad were just convinced of a big showdown with SC at the end of the year. It's always a big game but now it won't have quite the drama that it would have if both teams were unbeaten.
    "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Too bad the beating wasn't on USC. Well, looking forward to the Longhorns doing it to them. 62-0 against a solid Baylor team. Arizona should win their last remaining games with a very good, 'true freshman' quarterback. That is the spark the Wildcats needed. If they win their last two games, then they should finish the season in the middle of the Pac 10 standings per what the press predicted this past summer. This could also catapult the Arizona Wildcats next year as a top ranked Pac 10 team. We'll...see. I'm not going to count the chicken eggs before they've hatched.

Comment

Have we successfully narrowed it down to only two unbeaten teams?

Its so much *cleaner* that way.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
          Have we successfully narrowed it down to only two unbeaten teams?
          USC
          Texas
          Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
            Alabama

Any idea what the remainder of their schedule looks like? Is the SEC going to get boned again?
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
              Any idea what the remainder of their schedule looks like?
              VERY difficult - #6 LSU and at #17 Auburn. To top it off, they will likely play Georgia in the SEC championship game.

If 'Bama were to run the table, it might get very interesting. They will move up to #3 this week with VTech's loss, (unless Miami jumps them), and their computer rankings will go through the roof should they beat those teams to end the season.

Texas appears to have the easiest road right now to the Rose Bowl, with only 5-4 Kansas, 5-4 Texas A&M, and a decent 7-2 Colorado team in the Big XII championship. USC should win out as well, but still has to go to Berkeley to play the #23 Bears, and has home games against a good Fresno St. team and a rivarly game against UCLA.

Best guess: Alabama trips up and the BCS gets a clean #1 vs. #2 game with USC vs. Texas. But it USC (or Texas, the Big XII championship game has been a graveyard for favorites) and Alabama stumble, all hades breaks loose, as teams like Miami, Penn St, LSU, or Georgia might even entertain chances of slipping into Pasadena.

Yesterday's action all but clinched a BCS bowl for Notre Dame as well. They will be in the top 12 of the BCS standings after this week, and will only have to win games that they will be huge favorites in to get the invite (Navy, Syracuse, Stanford).

Comment

USC probably wishes UCLA had won because their game in a couple weeks means UCLA will have something to prove.
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

A slight surprise, one loss Miami jumped undefeated Alabama in the AP poll. It's really close though, 'Bama should retake #3 with a win over #5 LSU Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                    'Bama should retake #3 with a win over #5 LSU Saturday.
                    I think LSU is gonna win that game.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                      A slight surprise, one loss Miami jumped undefeated Alabama in the AP poll.
                      I saw that and couldn't believe it. Alabama should be number 3. Miami lost to FSU which has 2 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                        I think LSU is gonna win that game.
                        I tend to agree, but that 'Bama D is nasty, and it is a home game for the Tide.

Comment

Originally posted by JSR
                          I saw that and couldn't believe it. Alabama should be number 3. Miami lost to FSU which has 2 losses.
                          It's only by 2 points in the AP poll. Alabama will almost certainly finish ahead of the Canes in the final poll if they run the table as their finishing schedule is much tougher than Miami's.

Comment

LSU was roughed up by a tough non-conference Appalachian St. this weekend.

Comment

and a decent 7-2 Colorado team in the Big XII championship.
                              Their 2 losses are to the #2 and #3 teams in the country on the road, and they are ranked #22.

Notre Dame loses to #1 and to an now-unranked team at home, and is #7.

Florida State loses to two unranked teams and is #17.

The main things going against Colorado is they aren't a big-name program like ND or FSU, and they didn't start the year ranked so they have had much farther to climb.

Similar deal with Penn State and Miami. Why isn't it Penn State that jumped Alabama, they have more impressive wins than Miami and their loss looks about the same? Because Miami started the year ranked and PSU didn't.
                              Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X