PGA's Western Open to rotate to Indy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA's Western Open to rotate to Indy?

Per the Star, Golf World is reporting that as part of the PGA Tour's 2007 schedule changes, the presitgious Western Open would be rotated among cities that includes Indy. The event would be in the fall and would be part of the Cup-like "Chase" at the end of the season. The event would be at Crooked Stick.

Indiana is one of the very few states that does not have a PGA, LPGA, Nationwide, or Champions tour event. To get an event like the Western, that normally draws the biggest names, would be great for the city and state, even if it's only every 5 years or so.

I saw that too. Hope it happens. I know many racing fans think golf is sleepy, but I love watching it, esp. when it is snowy and cold outside.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Are they not able to come up with a deal to have another event at the Brickyard Crossing someday?
      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy
        Are they not able to come up with a deal to have another event at the Brickyard Crossing someday?
        I read a story in the Star a few years back that said that TG wants the PGA Tour or nothing. The Tour offered him the date against the British Open, and George declined.

If Crooked Stick gets into the Western Open rota, I would think that would preclude another pro event at IMS.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X