Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATA leaving Indy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ATA leaving Indy

    I still have three free companion fares, but I won't be traveling before they leave Indy on Jan. 9.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

  • #2
    Originally posted by PDC
    I still have three free companion fares, but I won't be traveling before they leave Indy on Jan. 9.
    It totally blows. My wife was a flight attendant with ATA for 3-4 years back in the early days.
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

    Comment


    • #3
      They are dying a slow death. As one who worked for these clowns, I'm not surprised.

      Comment


      • #4
        The headquarters stays but no service in or out of Indy................

        I wonder what happens to Ambassadair ?
        SENسR MODERATOR......

        "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

        Comment


        • #5
          Ambassidair is for sale. They had contracted Trans Meridian airlines to do their flying instead of using ATA jets but last I heard Trans Meridian went bankrupt. ATA is shrinking and shrinking. All they have left that is profitable is their millitary charters, currently being flown with very old L10-11 jets because no one will loan them any money to get 767s.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TM1511
            Ambassidair is for sale. They had contracted Trans Meridian airlines to do their flying instead of using ATA jets but last I heard Trans Meridian went bankrupt. ATA is shrinking and shrinking. All they have left that is profitable is their millitary charters, currently being flown with very old L10-11 jets because no one will loan them any money to get 767s.

            Sad isn't it?
            SENسR MODERATOR......

            "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

            Comment


            • #7
              I flew ATA quite a lot and the planes were always full. They tried to grow too fast and were mismanaged right outta bidness.
              Have a very blessed day!

              Comment


              • #8
                A shame

                I used to fly them home to Indy, and was going to book with them for thanksgiving. Or so i thought i might. No dice.

                I used to favor them as they were Indy based, and non stop from Tampa.

                Atleast i can still use southwest.


                Tj
                Sam Hornish Jr. 2006 Indianapolis 500 and IRL Champion. :D

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dog-ring
                  Sad isn't it?
                  Very. I used to fly ATA almost as a shuttle flight in and out of Ft. Myers, FL once or twice a month a few years ago. They were the only airline I ever used to fly to FLA. have to agree about the management though.
                  It really IS all good!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by speedwaygirl56
                    Very. I used to fly ATA almost as a shuttle flight in and out of Ft. Myers, FL once or twice a month a few years ago. They were the only airline I ever used to fly to FLA. have to agree about the management though.

                    I flew those same flights girl................are you the woman that was always telling me to mind my own bidness?


                    SENسR MODERATOR......

                    "Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dog-ring
                      I flew those same flights girl................are you the woman that was always telling me to mind my own bidness?


                      Naw, I was flying standby and always just happy to get on the flight! I miss those days.......
                      It really IS all good!

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X