Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Defender -- Thanks for the CD Reccomendation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Defender -- Thanks for the CD Reccomendation!!

Back in March, you happened to mentioned a CD by The Ditty Bops in a thread about CD's you just bought. On a whim, I went out and bought it. It quickly became the most listened to CD of the summer (if you don't count Bob the Builder for when the kids are in the Odyssey).

Well, on Saturday, my wife and I went to a concert of another one of my favorite groups, Nickel Creek (who were absolutely outstanding, BTW). Opening for Nickel Creek was none other than The Ditty Bops. If you think their CD is fun, you definitely have to see them live. They were very impressive musically as well as being just plain old entertaining. It was part concert, part vaudeville act. Bizarre doesn't begin to describe the whole experience. They had a guy on stilts for one song, did some juggling during another song and even did a couple of pirate sea shanties (their new musical medium of choice according to them). The whole concert had the appearance of a group that had spent way too many hours on a tour bus thinking up strange things to put into their act. I loved it.

The Ditty Bops also mentioned that they will have a new album coming out in the spring and they even played a couple of songs from it. It looks like more of the same (which is a good thing, IMO).

p.s. If you aren't familiar with Nickel Creek, definitely look them up. They are tough to categorize, but I would call them an Alternative Bluegrass band, if there is such a thing.

Originally posted by HopHead
    p.s. If you aren't familiar with Nickel Creek, definitely look them up. They are tough to categorize, but I would call them an Alternative Bluegrass band, if there is such a thing.
    They were on Prairie Home Companion this past weekend and yes, they were quite unusual and very good. The female singer reminded me vocally of Jill Sobule.
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by ThingsThatExplode
      They were on Prairie Home Companion this past weekend and yes, they were quite unusual and very good. The female singer reminded me vocally of Jill Sobule.
      They mentioned that at the concert. I guess they came straight from the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul (home of Prairie Home Companion) to the State Theater in Minneapolis.

Their first album is probably my favorite out of the three they have released. I strongly recommend it. To listen to their music, go to www.nickelcreek.com.

Comment

a friend gave me a nickel creek CD 2 weeks ago and it is still in the player. Very good music, great storytelling lyrics. Blue grass legend Allison Krause was producing them I think.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X