Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now Tagliabue WANTS Saints to stay in New Orleans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Tagliabue WANTS Saints to stay in New Orleans...

Sure he does...

Has there ever been a more deceitful commissioner in all of sports.

Oh wait..., there's Stern...

Stern and Bowie Kuhn. Come to think of it Judge Kennisaw Mountain Landis and Bud Selig also come to mind.

Comment

What a favor it would be to New Orleans if that miserable franchise moved somewhere else.
      It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

I dunno - those negotiations with the City of San Diego aren't going particularly well for my Chargers. They could end up back in LA when that Qualcomm contract runs out - coincidentally the same year the commissioner wants a team to be in LA. :|

Comment

Yeah, the hot rumor is the return of the L.A. Chargers and the moving of the San Antonio Saints.
          "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by infoxicated
            I dunno - those negotiations with the City of San Diego aren't going particularly well for my Chargers. They could end up back in LA when that Qualcomm contract runs out - coincidentally the same year the commissioner wants a team to be in LA. :|
            They were our Chargers first!!!
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx
            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

But if the team does move, can your guys leave the owners behind?
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb
                But if the team does move, can your guys leave the owners behind?

Hey, Indianapolis has had two of the worst owners in the history of professional sports and its worked out okay for us.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

LOL!

Makes no odds to me - I'm in Britain, and the only american city I've been to is LA, so they'll still be my Chargers where ever they play.

Comment

Originally posted by infoxicated
                    LOL!

Makes no odds to me - I'm in Britain, and the only american city I've been to is LA, so they'll still be my Chargers where ever they play.
                    The only US city you've been to is LA? You need to get out more.
                    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

FYI -

The Los Angeles Chargers are among 8 teams in the new rival American Football League. In their first game on September 10th they overcome a 20-7 in the 4th Quarter to beat the Dallas Texans 21-20 before 17,724 fans at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The Chargers would struggle early losing 3 of their first 5, but they would quickly turn it around winning 8 of their last 9 to win the AFL Western Division with a 10-4 record. However, in the AFL Championship Game, the Chargers would be blitzed by the Oilers 24-16 in Houston. The season would turn out to be the only one in Los Angeles as small crowds at the Coliseum, led to the Chargers moving down the coast to San Diego.

"We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed
                        Yeah, the hot rumor is the return of the L.A. Chargers and the moving of the San Antonio Saints.
                        The Star this morning was hinting that the Jacksonville Jaguars were rumored to be on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by midtown
                          The only US city you've been to is LA? You need to get out more.
                          No kidding!

Next year I'm going to blow my bonus going to at least one of the IRL events.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                            The Star this morning was hinting that the Jacksonville Jaguars were rumored to be on the move.
                            Great... What a perfect fit for the AFC South...

To think that the NFL was deciding what to do with Baltimore and Indy and our dumbass owner said he didn't care.

Can you imagine home and away games with Cincy, Pittsburgh and Cleveland...?

But noooooo. Nashville, Jacksonville and Houston are so much easier to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy
                              Great... What a perfect fit for the AFC South...

The Colts got jobbed fiercely when the NFL re-aligned into these silly 4 team divisions. The AFC South became the red-haired step child division. It is the only division that doens't have geographical or tradtional rivalries.

When the re-alignment was announced, I was hopeful that the Colts would end up in a division against some of their many potential geographical rivals (Cincinnati, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, Green Bay), but instead got put into the misc. division. Not only this, but they lost the home and home with what was becoming the best rivarly in the NFL, Indy vs. NE.

If the Jags go to LA, and I can't believe that SOME team won't in the next 5 years, it will be quite fitting for the division that nobody wanted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X