Full circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full circle

AT&T was "Ma Bell" - then split off to "baby bells," Indiana Bell - swallowed up by Ameritec mid-west conglomeration - taken over by Southern Bell or SBC -which recieved an "OK" to purchase AT&T. Wasn't that a fun trip over the last 25 years and so effcient.
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

I thought I was the only one who found that ironic. Maybe that's why the Feds decided against splitting up Microsoft. I mean, they could split them up, but in a few years, they'd be right back together again, right?

On the other hand, there's no guarantee that a bigger company is better. I read an interesting quote just the other day in Fast Company magazine,

Mergers just create bigger versions of the cultures losing to smaller competitors.
    (from a wise reader)
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Well, the market sure has changed in the last 25 years, hasn't it? Who would have thought that everyone, or at least that's the way it seems, would have a cell-phone? I don't even have long-distance service because of my cell phone.
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X