X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy Terry is STILL ALIVE?!

http://www.intakeweekly.com/articles...-7016-154.html

Eerie...
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Still alive and still doing commercials here in Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyMJH
      Still alive and still doing commercials here in Indy.

Still ghoulish as ever. I really miss that campy set and side characters. Great voice and laugh. A local cult classic.

I presume everyone that knows him understands his stage name is a take off of Cemetary.
      “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Ah, Sammy Terry - I loved watching him in ancient times. Sadly, a lot of today's kids can't appreciate that wonderful cheesy humor - they are much too jaded.
        #BCForever

Comment

For those who weren't here then.......
          I'm assuming he was similar to Cleveland's legendary Ghoulardi?
          http://www.goulfinger.com/hhghoulardi.htm
          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Met him 35+ years ago when I was a cub scout. He was nearly dead then.

Comment

His laugh will be remembered long after he's gone.

Remember his spider friend, George?

Great great stuff.

Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I wish somebody would bring back another Sammy Terry. I wish my kids could enjoy him as much as I did.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

The days of local talent being hired to entertain the locals on local stations is one thing missing today. Sammy Terry, Cowboy Bob, Janie, Peggy, Herb the Sailor, Harlow Hickennooper, Curly Meyers, Hoosier Hank, Captain ???? (Jerry Vance) and others who made locals memorable.
                  Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

The only time I got to watch his show was when we visited relatives in Pendleton. Most often it was just for a weekend, but once each year the visit was centered around the 500...which was double the pleasure!!
                    ...---...

Comment

I missed him. I moved to Indianapolis in 1992, from California and before that Eastern Iowa.

We had local ghouls too. In LA it was Elvira. In the Quad-Cities (I grew up in Davenport) we had the Chuck Acri Creature Feature.

Comment

I remember shopping at his music store, Family Music Center on Shadeland just south of 46th Street.
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Anybody remember Zacherly?

And I was in Southern California in the days before Elvira became a nationwide property.
                          You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Went with the family to an Indians game this summer where Sammy was in costume and signing autographs.

http://www.sammyterry.com/
                            "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

And in Chicago we had Svenghouli, and Creature Features...wish someone from there could identify the theme music for me...
                              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X