• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exxon/Mobil new record profits

Did we expect anything different?

Exxon Mobil Posts New Record for Profit
    AP - 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
    IRVING, Texas - Exxon Mobil Corp. had a quarter for the record books. The world's largest publicly traded oil company said Thursday high oil and natural-gas prices helped its third-quarter profit surge almost 75 percent to $9.92 billion, the largest quarterly profit for a U.S. company ever, and it was the first to ring up more than $100 billion in quarterly sales. Net income ballooned to $9.92 billion, or $1.58 per share, from $5.68 billion, or 88 cents per share, a year ago.

"Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
    “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
    "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Honestly...the networks are treating this as though it's big news and somewhat surprising to some. :mad: :mad: :mad:
      ...---...

Comment

That is so evil. They should throw those guys, who I'm sure are white and male, into jail.

It's clearly time for the government to step in and nationalize the industry. Hopefully President Clinton in 2009 will make that happen, I know the current President is loving it that his oil buddies are getting rich on the backs of ordinary Americans.

Comment

Yep, the high prices, even before the hurricanes was all due to the Chinese.
          Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut
            Yep, the high prices, even before the hurricanes was all due to the Chinese.
            I hate that absurd free market b.s. excuse too, Indyknut. It is clear that these corporations are out for nothing but money. Only government intervention can curtail their evil ways.

Comment

gee, I wonder who stands to profit from this as well. It pays to have friends in high places.
              www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badart
                gee, I wonder who stands to profit from this as well. It pays to have friends in high places.
                No kidding. There needs to be an investigation into this fleecing.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                  No kidding. There needs to be an investigation into this fleecing.

Yeah, but then what? They report that, yes, they made huge profits at the expense of the consumer...but what happens next? Big fines? Oki-dough-ky, but where do the fines go? How does the consumer recoup their monies?

It's all a farce and it happens time and time again.
                  ...---...

Comment

A corporation trying to make money. Sickening.
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

From jkg, above: "Hopefully President Clinton in 2009"
                      I hope you're kidding!

Comment

I made a killing on XOM and Halliburton stock
                        http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=HAL&t=1y
                        http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=XOM&...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

It's good to be a Rich Republican
                        some of you guys act like there's no way to participate in this????
                        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                          I made a killing on XOM and Halliburton stock
                          http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=HAL&t=1y
                          http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=XOM&...=on&z=m&q=l&c=

It's good to be a Rich Republican
                          some of you guys act like there's no way to participate in this????
                          Exactly, you are rich, you can buy stock. The ordinary American trying to make ends meet cannot share in your windfall. It's a struggle just to stay out of poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
                            Yeah, but then what? They report that, yes, they made huge profits at the expense of the consumer...but what happens next? Big fines? Oki-dough-ky, but where do the fines go? How does the consumer recoup their monies?
                            I don't know how the ordinary consumer gets his money back. There needs to be a massive redistribution of these profits though, that's for sure. Perhaps a class action lawsuit is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Littleman
                              I hope you're kidding!
                              I know Hillary has her warts and all (i.e. her support of the war) but she seems serious about getting these oil companies in line.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X