Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How average are you?

This is from a link on a thread in the IRL forum. The average person:

*Has nine friends and is within five years of his best friend's age.
    *Drinks the milk in the bowl after the cereal is gone.
    *Believes in God and has never doubted His existence.
    *Eats 25 pounds of candy per year and by age 50 has lost 12 teeth.
    *Usually goes to bed before midnight.
    *Goes to church at least once a month.
    *Is not famous and doesn't necessarily want to be.

I personally:

*Don't keep track of how many friends I have, but am easily within a year of my best friend's age.
    *Eat cereal dry, and generally stay away from milk due to lactose intolerance.
    *Believe in God and have never doubted His existence.
    *Don't keep track of how much candy I eat, but still have all my teeth.
    *Am in bed by 10 p.m. because I get up at 4:30 a.m.
    *Go to church every Sunday.
    *Have been famous, at least on a small local scale; discovered fame is meaningless, and am perfectly happy being an anoynmous Internet dweeb.

In short, I'm not average. How about you?
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

This sums up me by their standard:

*Eats 25 pounds of candy per year

But then I never wanted to be average.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

*Has nine friends and is within five years of his best friend's age: I have more than that and my best friend and I are the same age.

*Drinks the milk in the bowl after the cereal is gone: Don't eat cereal anymore. Usually it's a power bar.

*Believes in God and has never doubted His existence: True, but when I lost my sister it sort of made me wonder about his existence.

*Eats 25 pounds of candy per year and by age 50 has lost 12 teeth: No, I have all of them sans my wisdom teeth (go ahead and slag me for that one as I left myself open)

*Usually goes to bed before midnight: Lately yes.

*Goes to church at least once a month: More like once a year.

*Is not famous and doesn't necessarily want to be: I was once on the local cartoon show and presented a plaque to "Captain Ernie" does that count?

Comment

I'm sure I have at least nine friends and my best friend is within a year and a half of my age.

The only cereal I ever eat is oatmeal so I guess that is sort of true.

Believe in God but I've had my doubts during some rough patches in my life.

Yes about the candy. Holy fright! 12 teeth is a lot of teeth to lose unless you count baby teeth.

More like before 10.

Probably less than once a month at the moment.

I once lived within two miles of Hugh O'Brien and Carman Electra. Ehh. Guess that doesn't make me famous. Becoming famous is a very low priority just above entering the priesthood.

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
          This is from a link on a thread in the IRL forum. The average person:

*Does the girl I stalk count as a friend?
          *I prefer Kool-Aid on my Korn Flakes.
          *Check
          *Nope
          *I go to bed around 1 a.m., which is 23 hours before midnight.
          *More like once a week
          *I was on Brain Game.
          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
            *I was on Brain Game.
            Get out of town - so was I (Carmel High, '84 and '85). We made it to the finals both years, and lost both years.

When were you on?

As for the others -
            My best friend was born one week before I was;
            I do drink the milk on the rare occasions I have cereal;
            I've never doubted His existance;
            Don't eat a 1/2 pound of candy a week, and at 38 have all my teeth;
            Church once a month sounds about right, on average;
            I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

My initials are avg.

Doesn't get anymore average than that...

Comment

I'm blessed in having too many friends to count. I'm 66. My best friend is 9 (Candy - Boston Terrier).

Don't eat cereal. Don't drink milk. Like Seinfeld, "I'm lactose intolerant, I just won't put up with it."

Believes? Yes! Doubts? Well, sometimes recent world events (tsunami, earthquakes, hurricanes, war, Republicans ( ), etc.) have had me scratching my head.

Not much on candy but drink Pepsis with both hands. Have all my teeth although the uppers aren't completely paid for yet.

Yes, but with the TV on.

No, but with the TV on.

I've been seen with grogg, DannyB, itsanonwingthing, RichH, all famous guys in their own right.
                Last edited by FishBurger; 10-26-2005, 12:41 PM.
                Marv Fish

Comment

I don't have any friends I'd consider close; ie, people I hang with. Mind you, if certain parties lived closer, that would certainly change, but let's face it, I live in the middle of the middle of nowhere.

Depends on the cereal, but usually, yes.

I believe in "a God". I'm not sure of "His" (actually I prefer "Her") nature, but I'm sure it's not at all what we've been led to believe for so long...no flames, please. But yes, I have doubted the existence of a God. Many times.

I'm not much of a candy eater. I still have all my teeth less the wisdoms at 44.

Usually. But probably less often than most.

I don't go to any established church and haven't in at least 20 years. But I can see the work of a deity in just about everything, especially in art and nature.

I'm almost famous, and I definitely want to be more so. But I'd settle for infamous.
                  You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by CARTer
                    Get out of town - so was I (Carmel High, '84 and '85). We made it to the finals both years, and lost both years.

When were you on?
                    Lawrence Central, 1994. We also made it to the finals, where we got killed by the private school snobs of Park Tudor.
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

*Well, I never really counted my friends, but probably have 9 or so. Depends on what you consider an actual "friend". Do sheep count? Within 5 years? If you count my wife (who is my best friend), then no. If you don't count her, yes, my best friend is within 5 years of my age.

*Don't eat cereal. When I used to, I would drink the milk.

*Believe, yes. Never doubted His existence; well......only in really really bad times.

*I eat a LOT of candy. I set the bell curve high on that average, and make up for the rest of you that don't. I have all my teeth, and haven't had a cavity for 9 years. Yay me!

*In bed before midnight on work days. Usually up past that on weekends.

*Don't make it to church very often. I may be off the mark here, but I have trouble believing that the "average" American goes to church at least once a month. I know way more people that don't then folks that do.

*Certainly not famous and don't have any desire to be. Now when I was a teenager, and an aspiring rock star in my own mind, well, the desire was a bit different.
                      Livin' the good life as poorly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jiman1973
                        *Well, I never really counted my friends, but probably have 9 or so. Depends on what you consider an actual "friend". Do sheep count?

Within 5 years? If you count my wife (who is my best friend), then no.

You married young? You are my hero.

Center Grove Trojans
                        2008 5A Football State Champs
                        2015 6A Football State Champs
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I'd be disappointed to learn I only have 9 friends. My best friend is my age.

I don't eat cereal anymore but when I did I definitely drank the milk.

I absolutely believe and I've absolutely doubted over the years. Not just during bad times but sometimes upon reflection. I question the sincerity of anybody who claims otherwise.

I love to eat but candy is not a weakness. I still have all my teeth.

Sadly I don't but my kids do. I need to go more often but I also know that I practice a Christian lifestyle better than many of my friends who go to church every Sunday.

Gotta admit...I like being recognized. I don't think I'd like to be famous but I could see where it wouldn't suck.

Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I have few friends and my wife is my bestest freind.
                            Absolutely!
                            I'm agnostic...that about sums up both part of this.
                            [/i]Probably; lost only baby teeth and wisdom's[/i]
                            In what time zone? Virtually never, but I work some wierd, irregular hours.
                            Did I mention that I am agnostic?
                            Not famous myself, but I work for one of the most famous people in the world (indirectly).
                            If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Best Friend is same age can't count how many friends I have.
                              You have to drink the milk!
                              I believe in God but have doubted his existence.
                              I probably don't eat 25lbs of candy unless beef jerky counts.
                              I work 2nd shift so I go to bed around 4
                              I don't go to church here in Lafayette, but I visit my parents once a month and always go ot church with them.
                              I only want to be famous if it is because I am the Indy 500 champion.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X