Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Originally posted by Truth Detector
    Beautiful.

WTF? My interest is piqued. I've always wanted to check him out.

Comment

He sang "America the Beautiful" during the 7th inning stretch.

If you want to hear the Neville brothers at their best get an old "Meters" or "Funky Meters" album.

Center Grove Trojans
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

BTW, the live version of Cissy Strut, Mardi Gras Mambo & Rockin' Pneumonia need to be heard to truly appreciate the talent.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

He sang "America the Beautiful" during the 7th inning stretch.

If you want to hear the Neville brothers at their best get an old "Meters" or "Funky Meters" album.

Or be more topical and listen to "Sister Rosa" (Parks) by him and his brothers.

Or singing "With God On Our Side".

I saw this earlier but thought you had forgotten to leave a link or sumpthin'.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Truthie, I just got the compilation CD from Jazz Fest this year. They expanded the original 2 disc set to three and donated proceeds to Hurricane Relief. Plenty of Nevilles to go around from the Brothers doing Pokey Way to the Meters - "We're a little older and a little fatter. But still black and still funky!" They kicked butt as always.

My first trip to New Orleans, we hooked up with this crazy band of locals/professional drinkers. They talked us in to a trip to see this band at their home town stomping grounds and that it would be the best show we ever saw. It turned out to be The Neville Brothers at Tipitina's and we were front row on the stage.

I've been hooked ever since!
            Dan Schlosser
            Go fast, turn left !
            www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
            Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Well, if that's more topical than the 7th inning stretch of tonight's game...
              Center Grove Trojans
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft
                Truthie, I just got the compilation CD from Jazz Fest this year. They expanded the original 2 disc set to three and donated proceeds to Hurricane Relief. Plenty of Nevilles to go around from the Brothers doing Pokey Way to the Meters - "We're a little older and a little fatter. But still black and still funky!" They kicked butt as always.

My first trip to New Orleans, we hooked up with this crazy band of locals/professional drinkers. They talked us in to a trip to see this band at their home town stomping grounds and that it would be the best show we ever saw. It turned out to be The Neville Brothers at Tipitina's and we were front row on the stage.

I've been hooked ever since!

I'm incredibly jealous.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

There's no easy way to put this.....but listening to Aaron Neville is like a root-canal without the benefit of novacaine. But, if you like him, that's great.
                  “We live in a great and free country only because our forefathers were willing to wage war rather than accept the peace that spells destruction” Theodore Roosevelt

"There is nothing patriotic about hating your country, or pretending that you can love your country but despise your government. There is nothing heroic about turning your back on America, or ignoring your own responsibilities." Bill Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by WestMcLarenF1
                    There's no easy way to put this.....but listening to Aaron Neville is like a root-canal without the benefit of novacaine. But, if you like him, that's great.

And I feel the same way about you liking New Kids on the Block.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I miss Take me out to the Ballgame.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      ~~Groucho Marx
                      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Was it me or did he have a cross drawn/tattooed on his cheek?

Comment

And I feel the same way about you liking New Kids on the Block.
                          hehehehehe.....not true, actually it's Nelson.
                          “We live in a great and free country only because our forefathers were willing to wage war rather than accept the peace that spells destruction” Theodore Roosevelt

"There is nothing patriotic about hating your country, or pretending that you can love your country but despise your government. There is nothing heroic about turning your back on America, or ignoring your own responsibilities." Bill Clinton

Comment

All good stuff.

Not to split hairs, but The Meters and The Neville Brothers are a little different. Both great, but slightly different. Art was the only Neville originally in The Meters, and Cyril was there only shortly before their break with Toussaint. No other Neville was in The Meters, or The Funky Meters.

Now, given the family nature of the New Orleans music scene, it wouldn't be odd to see any Neville playing with Zig, George or Leo (Leo even did a couple Brothers recordings). But I point this out because nobody creates that funky pocket the way that George Porter Jr and Ziggy do it. It's magical.

Catch The Meters while you can, because Art's ability to go on the road has reduced.

http://www.themetersonline.com/
                            "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                              Was it me or did he have a cross drawn/tattooed on his cheek?
                              Britney Spears he's not.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                              I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X