ChiSox get the call???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiSox get the call???

Favorable call in the ALCS & another one in the World Series?

Nah, couldn't be....
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

So what are these Sox doing this year, exocizing the ghost of Shoeless Joe?

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Wasn't any worse than the "Ball 4" call for Burke in the 9th. He eventually scored the tying run. C_l_e_a_r_l_y a strike just above the belt.

Best team won -- again.

GO SOX!

Comment

Re - Dye "hit by pitch"

(a) It (and the Pierzynski episode in previous games) is a conspiracy by the umpires to get MLB to institute instant replay (and hire more umpires to officiate it) But then, why this call rather than some of the other very close calls that could have gone the other way (like Iguchi being picked off first, or call a balk on Pettitte's move to first)?

(b) Personally, I think the call is consistent with umpires in both leagues the last year or so getting very protective of batters when the pitchers throw high and inside. Quall digs himself a hole with 2 men on, goes full on Dye, then comes high and inside. Close enough to give to the batter.
        "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
        “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
        "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

hey Kudos to the Sox for making good on the breaks they are given.....
          Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
            hey Kudos to the Sox for making good on the breaks they are given.....
            Yep. Two down....two to go. GO SOX!!
            A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Comment

CWS-

They've won 14 out of their last 15 (9-1 in the playoffs).

Now one is playing better. Period.

Oh, and no team in MLB has played in more and won more 1-run games.

It's not over for Houston. They've still got Oswalt set for 3 (and 7, if they can stretch it that far).

Not sure if Lidge has been charged with arson yet.
              "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
              - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

What would be the motivation for giving the White Sox "The Call"?

To please all 300 of their rabid fans?
                "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by rex

Exactly. If it was the Cubs, you might have a case. But I don't see MLB giving the White Sox (3rd most popular baseball team in Chicago) "the call."

Go Sox!
                  Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                    (3rd most popular baseball team in Chicago)
                    yeah, but of the three, they have the best chance of winning the World Series in the next 5 years.....then comes the Kane County Cougars...then maybe the loveable losers...
                    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by rex

Yes, but give them this one and then we can go back to ignoring them for another 80 years or so.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                      I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

"Yes, but give them this one and then we can go back to ignoring them for another 80 years or so."

Judging by the ratings, you've already started.

Kidding, SoxFan. Kidding.
                        "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
                        - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
                          yeah, but of the three, they have the best chance of winning the World Series in the next 5 years.....then comes the Kane County Cougars...then maybe the loveable losers...

So true.
                          Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Hey, I don't care if I'm the ONLY White Sox fan, it still means as much to me, no, make that more to me, than any (place your favorite team's name here) championship. So the ratings don't match a Yankees vs. Dodgers or a Bosox vs. Cardinals? I'm sorry. No wait, no I'm not, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
                            A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Comment

Center Grove Trojans
                              2008 5A Football State Champs
                              2015 6A Football State Champs
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X