Frank Thomas & Jeff Bagwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Thomas & Jeff Bagwell

Frank Thomas and Jeff Bagwell are finally on World Series teams.
    Check out some of their stats:

Birthdays Both born5/27/68

Positions:
    T- DH/1B
    B- 1B

Drafted Both in 1989

MVP awards
    T - '93, '94
    B - '94

Years. with team
    T - 16
    B - 15

Career HRs
    T - 448
    B - 449

All-Star selection
    T - 5 times
    B - 4 times

2005 ABs
    T - 105
    B - 100
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

And any of us who were really into ballcards in the early 90's know that these two were near god-like status for awhile....

Then again so were Kevin Maas & Phil Plantier.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Bagwell was hoping to get the DH. Has that been confirmed? This could be a really cool series.
      BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Media Boy
        Bagwell was hoping to get the DH. Has that been confirmed? This could be a really cool series.

Not confirmed yet, but most of the media folks think he will. Could add a little pop to the lineup.

Bags and Biggio are such class acts. I was so happy for them. At least twice in their careers, they have signed for less money with the Stros for less money then they could have made on the open market, just to stay an Astro. When you think of the Astros, you think Bags and Biggio.
        After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

I don't know diddly about baseball players...but I see the name "Frank Thomas" and I assume this is going to be a thread about the legendary Disney animator.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyj
            I don't know diddly about baseball players...but I see the name "Frank Thomas" and I assume this is going to be a thread about the legendary Disney animator.
            Just for you...

BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
              And any of us who were really into ballcards in the early 90's know that these two were near god-like status for awhile....

Then again so were Kevin Maas & Phil Plantier.
              I remember getting Kevin Maas and Scott Erickson rookie cards and thinking - "I'm sitting on a freakin' gold mine!" - turned out to be Pyrite
              "You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Comment

Just glad to see those two made it. Now will Frank be able to play?

Comment

Both were great players. Thomas's hitting was a little bit better before he fell off dramatically, while Bagwell was a superior all around player to Thomas. It will be interesting to see if they make the Hall of Fame. Both are deserving, IMO.

Comment

"Now will Frank be able to play?"

Nope.
                    "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
                    - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X