Chiefs, Dolphins, Friday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs, Dolphins, Friday night

... instead of Sunday afternoon, due to Wilma. Seeing the Chiefs just started practicing for this one Wednesday, methinks this one's gonna be a suckfest... beats risking 70,000 lives for no good reason, though.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

They're doing the right thing. This could be a BIG ONE!!
    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

It appears that the game will not be on TV, even on the Sunday Ticket. Rumors are that ESPN is trying to get the rights to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
        It appears that the game will not be on TV, even on the Sunday Ticket. Rumors are that ESPN is trying to get the rights to the game.
        From http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2198438

The game will be televised by CBS affiliates in primary secondary markets in South Florida and Kansas City. But there will be no national telecast.

"We are not extending the telecast to more markets because we want to adhere as closely as possible to the spirit of our longstanding policy not to conflict with high school and college football during their seasons [which means Friday night and Saturday]," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.
        If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

i think its on tape delay on sunday ticket
          "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Originally posted by stretch51
            i think its on tape delay on sunday ticket
            I pay a lot of money to DIRECTV to see all the games LIVE. I can accept that the game was moved, but the relatively small number of Sunday Ticket subscribers should be exempt from the live blackout.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

I thought it was the "Chefs"...

Googily-moogily.
              BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                I pay a lot of money to DIRECTV to see all the games LIVE. I can accept that the game was moved, but the relatively small number of Sunday Ticket subscribers should be exempt from the live blackout.
                I haven't looked yet, but I've heard there is actual federal anti-trust legislation that prevents a national telecast on Friday evenings.

Comment

... And now, they're saying Wilma won't hit FLA until Monday. Hmmm...
                  "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                  --Danny Noonan

Comment

Title 15 Section 1293 of the US Code seems to open up the NFL to a possible anti-trust violation if they televise a game on a Friday evening, but since they are doing that anyway in KC and Miami, I don't see what having the game on the Ticket would hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                      I haven't looked yet, but I've heard there is actual federal anti-trust legislation that prevents a national telecast on Friday evenings.
                      Then provide a prorated refund to subscribers. It would end up being only about a dollar per game, but I would use that dollar wisely. Probably on Powerball.

BTW, Kansas City's viewers get the game Friday, plus a fresh CBS doubleheader on Sunday. They get more for FREE than I get for a fee.
                      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

For you real NFL junkies, you can watch a choppy internet stream of the game at:

mms://arash.mit.edu/arash/

Comment

Originally posted by jkg
                          For you real NFL junkies, you can watch a choppy internet stream of the game at:

mms://arash.mit.edu/arash/
                          Where in the world did you find that?

Looked like a pirated broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                            BTW, Kansas City's viewers get the game Friday, plus a fresh CBS doubleheader on Sunday. They get more for FREE than I get for a fee.
                            Dang. It's just sooo unfair. Would it make you feel better if I was to boycott the extra game on tv here in KC? That does sound a bit silly though. So, I will ignore the pangs of guilt and gleefully watch the free game. San Diego vs Eagles.

But I do know how you feel. I subscribe to RD for Champcar and they are giving it away again tonight.
                            "The human race does not have a very good record of intelligent behavior." - Stephen Hawking, The Universe In A Nutshell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X