Gobble... Gobble... Gobble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobble... Gobble... Gobble...

The Princess has taken the Thanksgiving reins and said we are to prepare nothing.
    So naturally I helped prepare teryaki skewers and made Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Truffles.

And you???

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Mrs. KevMcNJ said she dont feel like cooking.

We're doing the Thanksgiving buffet at a local restaurant we visit several times a year.

Her daughter and her boyfriend are going and her first husband was invited too.

Hes a good guy so that's fine with me.

Live like Dave

Comment

I was just informed that I had to visit the better whiskey shelf at the local market...
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
        ...and her first husband was invited too.

One year my sainted mother tried to organize an ex-wives luncheon, rounding up three of them for a nice meal.
        She saw my X arrive at HER mom's house, but then the X refused to answer the door when my mom rang the doorbell.
        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

A for effort.
          Live like Dave

Comment

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday, since I'll be working tomorrow.

Best one yet, I think, attended by my 93 y.o. mom, 87 y.o. father in law, 2 mo. old great grandson, granddaughter, two grandsons (1 just recovered from covid, one just out of the hospital with another ailment), 3 kids, their significant others, my sister inlaw and her husband, and my SIL's daughter, and my BW who added a few special request sides to the catered affair (plus 4 pies).

No arguments, no spills, no toilet backups, travel disasters, or alcohol-induced regrets..

Day 3 of leftovers, tomorrow should finish it, and everyone took something home.

Thankful
            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Generally I don't do anything for Thanksgiving, but I do "cook" a couple of Reese pies for Christmas.
              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                I was just informed that I had to visit the better whiskey shelf at the local market...
                Peel a label off a nice bottle and put it on the cheap one you will then buy.

Comment

Over the years we hosted a family Thanksgiving usually with a dozen to as many as 24 people. One year our oven went on the fritz and we had to send out our turkey to a nearby niece. We got back two turkeys and her, complete strangers to us, neighbors who brought the second turkey. The younger generations can now take over. In fact we are going out to this same niece who secured the hall at her apartment complex because at last count 32 extended family members will be there.

My memory of Thanksgiving 9 years ago popped up on Facebook. I’m not in the photo because I was the photographer. This had been typical.

0AEDF9AB-8C54-4A1D-9908-F5FC510FAEC2.jpg
                  Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                  Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                  Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

We're going to one of the state park inns. I'm not expecting much.

Jason
                    I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                      Seek out Teeling Irish Whiskey. Not the single grain, just the rum cask finished whiskey. ~$40 and delightful. Everyone needs to try it.
                      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I'll watch the Bears blow another game in the 4th quarter.
                        http://www.honorflight.org/

Comment

back in the late 80's my mom's side of the family, we would rent out a good sized Union Hall in the town where most of our relatives live, only because we would have about 125 people that would attend. My mom was 1 of 13 kids, that whole generation is now all gone , I only have 51 first cousins, and god knows how many 2nd & 3rd cousins, and so on. Now it's more low keyed, at sisters house with only about 20 people

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RacingPortaJohn View Post
                              I'll watch the Bears blow another game in the 4th quarter.
                              Major sigh!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X