College Football ’21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Djski442 View Post
    Great job by Toledo today. My wife is from Toledo and we two children that are currently Toledo students.

A Toledo victory would've salvaged the day for my wife after her buckeyes lost. Now I have to deal with her for the rest of the night.
    I wasn’t terribly fun to be around after the trifecta of the Buckeyes, Toledo, and the Packers losses last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
      USC seems to have an appeal to the slimier types like Pete Carroll or Lane Kiffin.
      Eric Bieniemy emerging as leading candidate?
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Eric Bieniemy emerging as leading candidate?
        I'm sure he's on their list! He'd be on my list as an OC at the bare minimum, i just don't know if he wants to leave KC just yet with that amount of talent he's currently got.
        RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

• At some games last weekend, students chanted the same obscene cheer. Will students continue the obscene cheer this weekend?
          quote:
          "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

• Originally posted by nm View Post
            At some games last weekend, students chanted the same obscene cheer. Will students continue the obscene cheer this weekend?
            Students have been chanting “obscene cheers” for a long time. I assume you want to discuss a particular “obscene cheer” that both students and other fans have been chanting recently, which takes us into politics, so lets not go there on this page.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

4. Urban Meyer: the NFL isn't for him, and he loves quick rebuilds... Florida, Ohio State. He'd have USC as a powerhouse within 2 years
              Albert Breer

Jaguars coach Urban Meyer tells reporters "there's no chance" he goes to USC. "I'm committed to here and building an organization."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                Albert Breer

Jaguars coach Urban Meyer tells reporters "there's no chance" he goes to USC. "I'm committed to here and building an organization."
                Nick Saban in 2006

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Comment

• Reports in the media say there is "mutual interest" between Franklin and USC. I still don't buy it.

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

“As you know, I can’t stand any form of distraction,” the eighth-year Nittany Lion coach said on Tuesday during a press conference. “I’ll discuss this today with our leadership council so that we can make sure all of our energy is on our preparation for Auburn.”

Franklin had to know the question was coming. He answered firmly as possible under the circumstances.

“That’s how we’ll handle it,” Franklin said. “I’m going to talk to the leadership council today about it.”

Franklin knows he can’t outright deny interest in the USC job. If he denies now and takes it later, it’ll make him appear dishonest, which doesn’t go well with future recruits. However, it’s essential to remember that Franklin’s contract goes through 2025 with a $500,000 year-end retention bonus. His $4 million buyout that USC or any other school would have to pay isn’t pocket change.

Comment

Albert Breer

He was just spotted at the local Publix buying ibuprofen. Witnesses say he was complaining of headaches.
                    Last edited by Djski442; 09-15-2021, 05:21 PM.
                    I like Ren and chevy. I don't care much for djski. That's my 'scientific' poll of one. - -Mannishboy-

Comment

• The Steelers GM was at UNC watching practice. Guess who he was scouting.
                      quote:
                      "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

• Bobby Petrino would be perfect for the job...

Comment

• Originally posted by rodneyh View Post
                          Bobby Petrino would be perfect for the job...

Comment

Comment

Albert Breer

Could be those proverbial famous last words. USC needs a coach with the skill to right a program fast and Urban Meyer is that kind of coach.
                              Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                              Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                              Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

• Vince Lombardi had those skills too. And about the same chance of going to USC.
                                Center Grove Trojans
                                2008 5A Football State Champs
                                2015 6A Football State Champs
                                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X