Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the covid Pfizer vaccine increase sugar level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the covid Pfizer vaccine increase sugar level?

I have not seen anything, but after what has happened to me I wonder. My doctor wants me to keep my A1c below 7.0. When I had my annual exam at the end of December, my rate was under 7.0. I had my 2nd shot Mar 11. There was little change in my diet. My test this week indicated a .9 increase in my A1c.

Has anyone seen anything?
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

I had Moderna, second shot on Feb 4. I'm also on Ozempic which likely has a much bigger impact. My A1C is down to 5.9 from 7.1 and I've lost about 30 pounds. I've had to buy a bunch of pants in 38, the 42s are literally falling off and the 40s are pretty darn loose.

Comment

I had both Pfizer vaccinations and didn't have any noticeable issues with my blood glucose going up because of it. Just watch your carb intake over the next 90 days and your A1C should come back down. It does ebb and flow. My problem isn't so much carbs and sugars it's steroids that are killing my A1C numbers. Before my chemo infusions I have a 45 minute IV push of Solu-medrol on top of my daily 10mg Prednisone steroid. Steroids are evil drugs but I'll fight you for them tooth and nail. They help with my pain more than anything else.

Hope you are doing well nm.

Comment

https://www.brgeneral.org/news-blog/...id-19-vaccine/

How will the vaccine affect my blood sugar levels?

Because the vaccine can cause symptoms of illness that can lead to high glucose levels, be sure to carefully monitor your blood sugar levels for 48 hours after you receive your vaccination. It’s also important to stay hydrated. So far, people with diabetes seem to be experiencing few side effects and minimal effect on blood sugar levels.
        I don't have a profile because I think profiling is wrong.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X