Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges

Each day challenges us in different ways, physically, mentally, or emotionally. We may be tested in our work lives, our personal lives, or in our romantic lives. And sometimes despite our bravest effort challenges can overwhelm us. Who inspires you in tough situations?

The obvious answer is also the right answer: My parents.

I loved both of them fiercely and tried to emulate their strengths and not duplicate their weaknesses.

My mom died way too young and I don't think I ever thanked her. My dad lived almost 20 years without her.

I get out of bed every day and work hard and try to live my life in a way that will make them proud.

Comment

I go it alone. While I have people I admire I don't know how much that helps get a person through a challenge.
      I certainly haven't past every test, but some things fall back to simple personal responsibility to do what needs done.

Comment

My step father. Command Sergeant Major U.S. Army.

WWII POW/Germany, Korea, and Vietnam.

My worst day on Earth was a picnic in the park.
        "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

"Have a plan. Have a backup plan. Be prepared for the backup plan not to work."-Chuck Yeager (Moral: Be prepared and make sure you always have other options.)

"When something goes wrong, stay calm. Work the problem, fly the airplane....when you're back on the ground, you can flip out all you want."-Steve Hoefner, my flight instructor (Moral: Think logically and don't be overcome with emotions.)

"Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang (Moral: Know your priorities and know when to quit.)

"Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

"Great teams aren't always great. They're just great when they have to be" - John Facenda

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
            The obvious answer is also the right answer: My parents
            Agreed. Unfortunate for those who don't have the parents for guidance. Sure, find some weird species here or there, but it always amazes me the instincts we all have related to our young, man or beast.

EyU_0DlWgAAjt1j?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

******* no one.
              If I am going to screw **** up as I have this week, it is all on me.
              Put on your soiled big boy pants!
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

I pretty much just wing it... And so far it's gotten me this far.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post
                  My step father. Command Sergeant Major U.S. Army.

WWII POW/Germany, Korea, and Vietnam.

My worst day on Earth was a picnic in the park.
                  I'm sorry if I'm asking this. Why do you consider it as your worst day?

Comment

Originally posted by shapingscale View Post

I'm sorry if I'm asking this. Why do you consider it as your worst day?
                    What I would consider to be my worst day is nothing compared to what John experienced as a POW. It was an experience he spoke very little of. " there is nothing meaner than a hungry human being." They picked the lice off each other and ate it.

In my mind, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
                    I try to imagine Johns worst day. Today I didn't get a bayonet in the arm because all our rifles were frozen. So my day, wasnt bad.

As teenager and into my 20's, the things that would have me bent out of shape and upset, girlfriends, work, etc...John would laugh. He laughed at pretty much anything.
                    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I used to have a companion by my side--my wife and best friend for over 25 years. She was here one day and gone the next. I didn't realize how much of an inspiration she was to me. I knew that she depended on me to do what needed to be done. When she passed away my focus moved to my kids but they are adults and don't always depend on me as they did when they were little (although, lately it seems like they need me more than ever--I'll take it). About a year ago another companion seemed to drop out of the sky because I wasn't looking for her. She will be moving to be near me soon and I cannot wait. I think I'm wired to be with someone but it's an incredible blessing when you truly click with that person. This is a long way of me saying that I have a (new) significant other that inspires me. Posting about potato salad helps, too.
                      BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X