Guitar Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Tuners

Decided to start re-learning guitar. Found some online tuners but found them lacking.

Anybody have experience with this thing?

https://www.swingcitymusic.com/shop/...-guitar-tuner/
    "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

YES! I love the Snark. Super handy product if you don't care for the apps. Personally, I love the fact that I can tune my 6-string guitar, 12-string guitar, ukulele, etc. with my phone. Some of the apps are better than others. I think I have three different free ones on my phone. But getting back to the Snark--it's a great product.
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

The Snark is my go to.

My Takamine acoustic / electric has a built in tuner in the pre amp that is spot on. Don' t need the Snark!. I just push a button.

For 100 bucks i might get a pedal tuner. It is very precise. But meh, im done buying stuff. The Snark is 20 bucks. 30 for a Super Snark.

Jimmy Page does a lot of funky tuning. The Rain Song is really hard to tune correctly. I think the pedal tuner is the way to go. It will be good for my Stratacaster that needs alot of tuning.
      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

20210112_200215.jpg
        "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

20210112_200934.jpg

Comment

I would try Sam Ash or Sweetwater.they will ship it right to you.

Comment

Looks like I will get the Snark when I pass by Swing City Monday...I support local business.
              "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

Comment

The tuning app from Fender is good.

Comment

I use the guitartuna app. Shows alternative chords too. It's nice but I have had to use my "real" tuner when trying out open G tuning. Or maybe it's just me.
                  “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Comment

I've had one for many years. Still works perfectly.

Comment

Now I see they have this too... maybe I'll get both.

https://www.swingcitymusic.com/shop/...romatic-tuner/

Comment

I also have a built in tuner on my main guitar (a Taylor acoustic). It's clearly the way to go but a Snark is the next best thing. I DO like the apps as I can use them for alternate tunings.

Comment

I'm in the minority here, but I despise clip-on tuners. Check amazon, there are a lot of good, affordable (some quite cheap) mini pedal-turners that are true bypass. The Amazonbasics one is like 26 bucks (when you can find it). I believe they are actually made by NUX.
                          I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                          Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Yes, but you must have electronics in your guitar to utilize the a pedal tuner. The Snark is super handy. I even use it to tune my trumpet.

Comment

Well, of course. I missed where the OP said he was playing an acoustic.
                              I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                              Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X