Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceX Crew Dragon Astronauts Return Sunday

https://blogs.nasa.gov/commercialcre...or-splashdown/

Crew Dragon will release from ISS around 7:34PM Saturday, spashdown around 2:42PM Sunday. Reentry is the most dangerous part of a space flight. Remember Doug and Bob tonight.
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

You might think about the weather off Fla.
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
    body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
    "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
    >

Comment

SpaceX and NASA have already thought about the weather.
      "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Just read that they have 7 contingent landing sites, including a couple in the Gulf of Mexico (!) One site is off the panhandle near Pensacola. That should be far enough from the tropical system to attempt the landing. Hoping it all goes like clockwork.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ge%2Fstory-ans

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing this. An incredible story for SpaceX.
          ...---...

Comment

The unmanned Dragon has never had a problem in reentry after taking supplies to ISS. The unmanned Crew Dragon Demo Mission did not have a problem in reentry. But Musk is concerned about this reentry.

One of my friends is supposed to be deep water fishing out of Tampa tomorrow. They are hopeful of enough break in the cloud cover to see the landing.
            quote:
            "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by nm View Post
              The unmanned Dragon has never had a problem in reentry after taking supplies to ISS. The unmanned Crew Dragon Demo Mission did not have a problem in reentry. But Musk is concerned about this reentry.

One of my friends is supposed to be deep water fishing out of Tampa tomorrow. They are hopeful of enough break in the cloud cover to see the landing.
              Reentry is the most dangerous part of the mission IMO. I very happy that the Dragons have not had issues before, but there were 24 successful shuttle missions before Challenger. I'll be on pins and needles until they are on board the recovery ship.

Your friend may need really strong binoculars. The projected landing spot is in the Gulf off Pensacola.

Comment

Go for de-orbit burn shortly. On track for the Pensacola area landing in the GOM.

Comment

My son drives a 3, he was up all night watching coverage.

I minute to splash down!

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                  I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

They made it.
                    There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

By-the-book perfect return. Well done SpaceX and NASA.
                      "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Awesome!!

They need to get a handle on "crowd control" before the next mission. Absolutely perfect conditions in the GOM today. Picture perfect.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X