Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oddy View Post
    Then why are schools closed?
    Because most administrators have no spine.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

"As shown, deaths in young people (from babies to college students) are almost non-existent."

Then why are schools closed? Yea I know, so they don't spread it to old people. Aren't the young getting screwed on this? BTW I'm 70 y/o.
      Very much so. And it absolutely has to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

Because most administrators have no spine.
        Because there gave been mixed signals from the start. Now we have the worst situation possible - lockdowns in some areas and scoffers defeating that purpose in others. We made too great an economic and scholastic sacrifice and still had a second wave that never quit, or just now may be.
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

"As shown, deaths in young people (from babies to college students) are almost non-existent."

Then why are schools closed? Yea I know, so they don't spread it to old people. Aren't the young getting screwed on this? BTW I'm 70 y/o.
          Yeah, for a lot of kids it sucks and it sucks for the parents that rely on school as de facto day care too. Teacher age is a significant factor because of how the industry is greying. According to this report from this week, the most recent survey data shows >17% of all school teachers are over age 55, with that increasing to a full quarter of all private school teachers. Unfortunately there's nothing more granular about how many are 65+, but if you wind up with even a single digit percentage of teachers sidelined in this country as a result of COVID, that's a pretty big problem.

Comment

• Redfield says we're only at 10% exposed, is that possible?
            There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

• Population of the US is over 331 Million with just over 7 Million cases
              https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The vaccine should put this whole thing to bed ... hopefully

Comment

• Originally posted by West View Post
                Population of the US is over 331 Million with just over 7 Million cases
                https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The vaccine should put this whole thing to bed ... hopefully
                More like 7 million reported positive tests. Some are duplicates, but there are likely millions who were never tested while they were positive.
                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

More like 7 million reported positive tests. Some are duplicates, but there are likely millions who were never tested while they were positive.
                  I'm sure there have been lots of people that were positive but did not realize it, but how can be predict that number and be at all confident in it?

My wife is convince we all had it early in the year, with young kids someone is always sick over the winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baulz View Post

I'm sure there have been lots of people that were positive but did not realize it, but how can be predict that number and be at all confident in it?
                    You can't. But a lot more than 7 million have been infected in the US. That's just a given.

Serology can help home in on that number, but I don't know how widespread serology testing is these days.
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

• Just found out my 86 year old mother with Alzheimer's has tested positive. Have only been able to see her once since March 16th...they let us stand outside her window and have her birthday party in May. One of the tech's at her facility tested positive and they tested all the residents...don't yet know how many have it. She is suffering sniffles and raspy voice from those sniffles at the moment....still doing detective work to determine how long ago she might have contracted it. Obviously praying this doesn't progress.

School I teach at has about 10% of kids remote learning because they've either tested positive or been exposed to the virus. Enrollment of about 1400.

Sure am glad this thing is overblown and nothing to concern ourselves with anymore.
                      KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

Comment

• Originally posted by heliogordy View Post

School I teach at has about 10% of kids remote learning because they've either tested positive or been exposed to the virus.

"Exposed" to nothing if the useless quarantines I have seen firsthand, have already shown me. Remote learning is a farce. The stats are there for everyone to see. In this country and many other countries on how "dangerous" this is. Kids should be in school everywhere. They are at literally no risk.....except the issues we are creating for them by isolating them from the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by doitagain View Post
                          Redfield says we're only at 10% exposed, is that possible?
                          No.

Comment

• Originally posted by doitagain View Post
                            Redfield says we're only at 10% exposed, is that possible?
                            Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
                            No.
                            What, then, is the correct percentage of exposure?
                            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post

What, then, is the correct percentage of exposure?
                              Nothing close to what Redfield said.

Even the most conservative estimates are higher then that.

Comment

• Originally posted by heliogordy View Post
                                Just found out my 86 year old mother with Alzheimer's has tested positive. Have only been able to see her once since March 16th...they let us stand outside her window and have her birthday party in May. One of the tech's at her facility tested positive and they tested all the residents...don't yet know how many have it. She is suffering sniffles and raspy voice from those sniffles at the moment....still doing detective work to determine how long ago she might have contracted it. Obviously praying this doesn't progress.
                                Hoping for the best. It's impossible to know what will happen, but even at her age, the odds are on her side, at least in terms of COVID.

Originally posted by heliogordy View Post
                                Sure am glad this thing is overblown and nothing to concern ourselves with anymore.
                                That's just bizarre.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X