• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Golf on Fox

Fox opts out of U.S. Open coverage.
    Good-bye, Joe. We won't miss you.

​​​​​​https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...ct-report-says
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Bailing out five years into a 12 year contract. I thought golf was stronger than that.

Perhaps I'm not paying attention, or I'm just not that easily offended, but I don't understand the vitriol over Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth, or any sports commentator. I'm not even bothered by Rutledge Wood.

Okay, maybe Todd Harris, but not many others.
    “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

As I understand it, Fox did a massive over-bid, about double the market value, NBC is picking it up for what the fair price was. Still it seems odd that the USGA is letting Fox off the hook for its own mistake.

Anyway, Joe Buck. Jim Nantz was a college golfer and lives a golf lifestyle. He is CBS' #1 sports guy and does the CBS golf as well. OK. So Joe Buck, who was obviously reading from notes, having no knowledge of who or what he is talking about. I don't know if it was Buck being petty and wanting the same gig Nantz has or Fox being delusional and expecting him to be able to do golf because he is OK at baseball and football. Oddly, Tim Brando, well down the Fox roster, is an excellent golf commentator.

Comment

Yeah, but Joe is an IU alum!!
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

The FOX presentation was terrible, so the golf audience was probably glad it went to NBC.

Comment

Either Fox or NBC are better than CBS. CBS doesn't even have an onscreen scoreboard. Also can't stand Nick Faldo.

Fox bid for the US Open expecting Woods to continue being the dominant player and driving ratings, which hasn't happened most years.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X