Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Fury: a couple of questions about SpaceX Crew Dragon

I am hoping Sea Fury is still around.

I have a couple of questions about Crew Dragon.

First, give the capability and size of Crew Dragon, why is Orion necessary? Crew Dragon can carry 7 astronauts to ISS and the heat shield is designed to withstand a 25,000 mph reentry. On long duration flights, even Orion will require an attached living quarters. Is the main purpose of Orion to funnel money to Lockheed Martin?

Second, Crew Dragon has no joystick for attitude control. How is the pilot to maintain precise attitude control if manual control is necessary? The controls are built into the fold down touch screen. What if a Crew Dragon has a malfunction similar to what happened to Gordo Cooper when he had to manually control retro-fire and attitude control in reentry without the benefit of guidance from the autopilot?
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Sea Fury

I hope you are well in the Northwest.

Your absence is noticed.

I did exactly as you advised

2018 Fender Player (made in Mexico) and a Baby Blues Jr. amp. Pedals, I will add. "The Gilmore Box".

It's just like photography, you can try and try and try with all your might with crappy gear, but you will never achieve what you achieve the moment you snap that Canon L glass onto your camera.

The second you plug a quality Strat into a Quality Fender amp, you are a rock star.

Thank you, hope you are well.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

20200517_080008.jpg
      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

That is a good $1400 there I am guessing.

Comment

599.00 for the amp. 724.00 for the Strat.

10 ft gold cable 40.00

Tweed hard case .135.00

No sales tax.

Add 500 more if you want the cheapest "Made in USA" Fender

Add thousands to the tag if you want a professional Fender "Made in USA".

A little baby 15 W tube amp. That's the cheapest you can step into a top quality tube amp. I don't know what to do with 15W, let alone 100W.

That will keep me busy for at least 10,000 hours.

Right now, I still suck. I'm learning Ozzy now. Crazy Train.. Thats fun...
          Last edited by Unzerdog; 05-25-2020, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Cheaper than a woman???
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx
            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Wilke's new Porsche is cheaper than a woman.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                Wilke's new Porsche is cheaper than a woman.
                I doubt he has to worry...
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                  Cheaper than a woman???
                  Alot cheaper. This is a one time payment that will last a lifetime.

A good woman will cost a lot more than that the 1st of every month
                  A mortgage
                  2 car payments
                  Day care
                  College funds
                  I am not even talking all the insurance, groceries, power bill , 3 phone plans, cable.

Those are recurring expenses. Thats whats killing people.

Comment

Originally posted by nm View Post
                    ...Crew Dragon has no joystick for attitude control. How is the pilot to maintain precise attitude control if manual control is necessary? The controls are built into the fold down touch screen. What if a Crew Dragon has a malfunction similar to what happened to Gordo Cooper when he had to manually control retro-fire and attitude control in reentry without the benefit of guidance from the autopilot?
                    Sorry to interrupt this guitar thread, but getting back to the OP's questions here's a link to an article that address the issue of attitude control.

https://www.space.com/spacex-crew-dr...-thoughts.html

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Thanks!
                      quote:
                      "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

I hear the weather might not be so good. Even bad maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
                          I hear the weather might not be so good. Even bad maybe.
                          Tropical Storm Bertha formed off the South Carolina coast and moved inland almost immediately. It walloped Florida initially, don't know if perhaps the outer bands might extend down to the Cape or if it's other weather. NASA and SpaceX won't take any chances I hope.

Comment

There was just a tornado warning in the area.

Comment

Saturday, 3:22pm EDT
                              Last edited by Spike; 05-27-2020, 04:08 PM.
                              "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X