Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA/SpaceX launch Wednesday (now Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA/SpaceX launch Wednesday (now Saturday)

This Wednesday afternoon, if launched on schedule, American astronauts will return to space from a US launch site.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...storic-launch/

NASA announced Friday that an exhaustive “flight readiness review” of Wednesday’s scheduled launch of a SpaceX rocket with two NASA astronauts aboard had determined that the mission could proceed.

The launch is now set for Wednesday at 4:33 p.m. from launchpad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

If all goes well, it would be the first launch of NASA astronauts to space from U.S. soil since the space shuttle program was retired nearly a decade ago, and it would be the first time a private company had boosted people to orbit.

“There are no significant issues, I am happy to report," Steve Jurczyk, NASA’s associate administrator who chaired the review, told a news conference. "In the end, it was a very, very clean review.”
    I am so impressed that this looks like it will happen. It's quite an achievement for SpaceX (and one that doesn't reflect all that well on Boeing). Godspeed gentlemen. Wishing you a safe journey to the ISS (and back).

Godspeed. BTW, how many here knew that both of these astronauts are married to astronauts?
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

I'm very pleased that we are once again starting to revisit our human manifest destiny. We are not meant to remain anchored on this rock forever.

It will take baby steps like this at first, but something much greater is coming in the not-too-distant future.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRD31_wwMwA
          quote:
          "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

"In the year twenty-five twenty-five..."
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx
            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
              I'm very pleased that we are once again starting to revisit our human manifest destiny. We are not meant to remain anchored on this rock forever.

It will take baby steps like this at first, but something much greater is coming in the not-too-distant future.
              The United States never stopped flying astronauts , it's just that the bus left from Russian soil.
              This is huge in that it's the first time in almost 10 years the U.S.A. will be launching people from our
              own land.
              ...---...

Comment

Looking forward to it
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Weather permitting and no problems in the countdown, the launch is tomorrow 4:33 EDT. Remember the crew. Tonight.
                  quote:

Comment

"Show me NASA launch live on youtube"

20200527_133309.jpg
                    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post

The United States never stopped flying astronauts , it's just that the bus left from Russian soil.
                      We were flying to the dead end called the ISS.

Today is a long-awaited step toward something much more meaningful and a renewed commitment to regaining US superiority in space.
                      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Where are they flying to today?

Anyway, here's hoping to boys get a good ride upstairs.
                        ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

We were flying to the dead end called the ISS.

Today is a long-awaited step toward something much more meaningful and a renewed commitment to regaining US superiority in space.
                          You don't think the ISS was meaningful? Huh.
                          Eff LBD!

Comment

Well, rats. Another day it is.
                            Eff LBD!

Comment

Launch scrubbed due to weather.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X