Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan Piranhas

I make mistakes.
    We were considering doing something in the real estate market, and I was stupid enough to fill out one of those questionaires about loan availability on-line. I just wanted some general information, and when they called me back, it was clear that they didn't want general info, they wanted to know all about me. I answered a followup e-mail to say, never mind---we changed our minds.
    In the meantime I get daily calls from the loan company, and everyday it is a different guy.
    Lesson learned,,,
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

You will also likely get a LOT of mail from this too.
    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

We had something similar with a company selling home appliance repair contracts. My wife started filling out an online questionnaire for one that looked good to her. Before she even finished the questionnaire, she got a call from a sales agent who allegedly answered all her questions. She thanked said agent for the information and said when our current repair contract with a local appliance repair company ran out in September, we might be in touch.

The next day, they called our home number three times (it was something like my second day working from home). The first two times I didn't pick up. They left no message.

My wife emailed me from work asking if they were calling here. I said yep, two times so far. They'd called her at work just as many times. Seeing she was at work, to work, she blew them off.

About forty minutes after she got home from work, they called here for the third time. She picked up and said there was now no way in hell we would buy their product and if they didn't stop calling, they could expect a lawsuit for harassment.

They haven't called since. My wife's no attorney, but apparently when she puts her mind to it she can sound like one Fortunately no CC# was given and no money spent.
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

Can you block the numbers?
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
          Can you block the numbers?
          I'll bet they rotate numbers through some kind of bot.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X