Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With bars closed and restaurants carry-out only, can you get alcoholic drinks to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With bars closed and restaurants carry-out only, can you get alcoholic drinks to go?

Do the laws vary per state?

I'm hearing crazy rumors I can get margaritas to go, if I place a food order for pick up.

Are they promoting this?

Didn't it used to be illegal? Was that just in Indiana?
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

90755997_10158059044573633_5132899657214590976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=00UxE--f7nYAX9ScZCz&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=9014b7b313e07ebd7f9040621b604cef&oe=5EA28313.jpg
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Here in Illinois (in my area at least, West Suburbs of Chicago) they will sell you 6 paks with food pickup/carryout order, not sure about the liquor part of it though

Comment

My daughter lives in Brooklyn, NY and ordered margaritas to go with their Mexican food order. The beverage was delivered in a plastic soup container.

Comment

Seems to me a few rules could be waived to help business. But I haven’t examined all angles. What’s the downside? You could always get a to-go cup in Indy (well, since 2011 that I am a witness (perp) to).
          "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

"California Temporarily Relaxes Alcohol Restrictions For Restaurants, Allowing Some Liquor To-Go"

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...alcohol-to-go/
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Rules relaxed in Colorado. A restaurant I like posted a photo stating "bring any vessel in, we'll sanitize it and fill it it with your drink of choice" They're primarily a craft beer, their own and from around the state, taproom with a great kitchen, but also have a full bar. Margaritas to go in their container, or your old pickle jar...

I'm not sure how this is being handled regarding non-sealed "open" containers being driven home, but since you can't drink in any establishments I presume they'll ignore the container if you're up front about taking it home, and not inebriated or actively drinking from it. Probably get a lot closer look from a cop should you be pulled over. Not a service I'll be using anyway.
              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
                Do the laws vary per state?

I'm hearing crazy rumors I can get margaritas to go, if I place a food order for pick up.

Are they promoting this?

Didn't it used to be illegal? Was that just in Indiana?
                I have customers who own bars, breweries, wineries, and distilleries. All are selling packaged beer, wine, and liquor for carry-out. And, yes, there are restaurants selling margs to go. Is this a great country or what?
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Craft beer tap rooms in Minnesota are selling crowlers (22 oz. big cans) to go. Interestingly, they are not selling growlers which are mostly trade the 64 oz. bottle or refills. Those may present a handling problem and introduce the virus. Craft beer breweries can't sell the 12 and 16 oz. cans or bottles. Those have to go through a distributor. The two restaurants we used so far that serve liquor presented a special take out menu with no drinks.
                  Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                  Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                  Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Varies by state. In Arizona while bars are closed you can get liquor to go.

Comment

Up here in the land of the Hosers, booze is an essential service with liquor stores open for business

Comment

I found it funny, in New Orleans, during Mardi Gra, they would open up the front of bars. And sell drinks right out the window.

==

Comment

Pizza joint here is giving out a roll of TP with every order.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                            Pizza joint here is giving out a roll of TP with every order.
                            Their pizza is that bad???
                            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                            ~~Groucho Marx
                            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

The bar near Houston my son managed before he got furloughed could send home bottled beer with any food order. No other alcohol I'm aware of, only bottled beer.
                              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                              --Danny Noonan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X