X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Be the Judge - Reclining Edition

Been discussing this one with my colleagues over lunch:

https://jalopnik.com/man-reacts-like...pla-1841665727

Who is the bigger jerk in this scenario?
    I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
    Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

The writer hasn't flown Spirit or Frontier lately. Other than that...
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

I don’t like it when the passenger in front of me reclines but as long as the seats have a recline option it’s going to happen so you might as well deal with it.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Flight attendant should have had them swap seats at the one hour mark in the two hour flight, and then allowed Williams to punch his seatback for the remainder of the flight....
        BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Sounds like she's had injuries or at least embellished to sell the story.

Anyways, is it really that much more comfortable reclining the seat? I've never really bothered.

As far as punching "HARD", unless the guy mastered Bruce Lee's 1 inch punch, don't seem that much although I'm sure annoying just the same like mild turbulence

Comment

Those appear to be seats in First Class in the video, so there is plenty of room to recline without causing discomfort to the passenger behind you.

I don’t recline my seat when I sit in coach, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
              Those appear to be seats in First Class in the video, so there is plenty of room to recline without causing discomfort to the passenger behind you.

I don’t recline my seat when I sit in coach, however.
              Those are the last 2 seats in the plane in coach. The guy in the back, the seat puncher, can't recline because he's up against the rear bulkhead which is the wall that forms the lav.

I've been in that very position; following the Seahawks Super Bowl loss, I was on a flight to Seattle the next day. Because of the heavy traffic, my flight was delayed and so was the next so I could not make the connection to Anchorage. Alaska then booked me on the late non-stop from Phoenix to Seattle. I had not scheduled that flight because it was crammed full.

Alaska booked me on that flight and told me that I would be in 34A, window seat in the last row, did not recline. It was either take that flight or wait in Phoenix for another flight and get a slightly less crappy seat. I took it.

The jerk in front of me reclined all the way as we pushed away from the gate and didn't move for the entire flight. I couldn't even open my laptop on the tray table. I had to open it a full 180, stand it up on end and tape it to the tray and the back of the seat which was about a foot from my face.

I'm 6'1", 235. I fly a lot and never recline whether I am in the first row or the last.

5 1/2 hours. This was miserable. I didn't punch the seat but I will the next time.

"But the seat is made to recline ........." So what? Have some respect for others.

Comment

Jim, that would be hell for me. I'm a little taller but 195, and hate being in tight spaces. I rarely recline my seat but last flight asked the guy behind if it was ok first, everyone else in my row had already done it but I'm too polite I guess.

Comment

A buddy of mine coughs and sneezes in the recliner’s hair.

Jim, as to your “so what?” comment, my pony is that maybe the airlines shouldn’t make reclining seats. I’m sure they’ve heard the complaints a few million times.
                  Last edited by Truth Detector; 02-13-2020, 08:27 PM. Reason: pony?? WTF??
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post
                    Jim, that would be hell for me. I'm a little taller but 195, and hate being in tight spaces. I rarely recline my seat but last flight asked the guy behind if it was ok first, everyone else in my row had already done it but I'm too polite I guess.
                    Seems reasonable to me.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                      That takes too much effort. I simply direct the air flow nozzle above my seat directly at their head.

The worst recliner offenders are those that don’t return their seat to an upright position to prepare for landing. That represents the ultimate in douchedom and I am really annoyed with flight attendants who fail to notice and/or fail to act when I direct their attention to the malfeasance.

Comment

Thats good but it lacks the germs.
                        Center Grove Trojans
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

There are plenty of recycled germs flowing out of that air nozzle.

Comment

The guy in back should pay for first class seating. I don’t recline but I really don’t care if someone in front of me reclines. Hell... I like an aisle seat more than a window seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

Jim, as to your “so what?” comment, my pony is that maybe the airlines shouldn’t make reclining seats. I’m sure they’ve heard the complaints a few million times.
                              The airlines are reluctant to offend anyone, lest they drive them to a competitor so nobody wants to make that move. Same thing with carryons, they just look the other way when a passenger comes on with two giant bags they can't even drag and then make the FA put them in the overhead. At least they are cracking down on dogs.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X