Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 45 Below View Post
    Here in New Zealand we're in day one of a four-week full lockdown.
    Wishing my friends here on TF all the best no matter where you are.
    Take care folks.
    Got TP?
    Last edited by window; 03-26-2020, 04:49 AM.
    "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

• Originally posted by window View Post

Got TP?

Fortunately there is a factory here in Dunedin.

Otherwise I can always resort to the shepherd's friend - the dock leaf.

Curly-dock-weed-400x267.jpg

Comment

• Just heard we've had another 75 cases in the last 24 hours to take it to 283.

Jumped 50 yesterday and 42 the day before so the curve is starting to steepen.

Most are still linked to overseas travel or close contact of someone who's been overseas.

Comment

• Originally posted by West View Post
          Moid - do you know if a person who has a mild or less severe symptoms, which go away in a week or two, can that person get re-infected at a later time?
          https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/h...imes&smtyp=cur

Looks like immunity will last for some period of time after, and if you get it again it probably won’t be as bad. Hopefully...

Comment

• Thanks.
            NYtimes wants a subscription

Comment

• Tap on Show Full Article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
                Tap on Show Full Article.
                Don't see that option. Only an option to "continue" with my Google or Facebook account and giving NYtimes access to my information (don't like that option)

"Subscribers make our coverage of the coronavirus crisis possible
                See subscription options"

Comment

• Hmmm. Worked for me on my iPhone and I am not a subscriber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
                    Hmmm. Worked for me on my iPhone and I am not a subscriber.
                    Different Country

Comment

• It has now been 8 days here since the Shelter in Place for the whole SF Bay Area was instituted.

The Early returns,

When the Order was announced, the case count for the area was around 300 for a Population of about 7.5 million under the Order.
                      Today as of 4 pm there is a reported 1,162 cases which I imagine also involves a lot more testing than before. Of course more tests are probably pending from the last week, although the same thing could've been said at the 300 number too probably.

8 days ago, the State of Massachusetts which is of similar population of this Region had 218 cases. They now have over 1800.

Comment

• I have a bad feeling that the numbers here in Michigan, for both positive tests and deaths, are about to skyrocket. Thousands of autoworkers in the area working in close quarters is a recipe for disaster. Some parts here were still working just a couple of days ago.
                        I like Ren and chevy. I don't care much for djski. That's my 'scientific' poll of one. - -Mannishboy-

Comment

• Minnesota issued a stay at home effective Friday at midnight. I was worried. You can still get groceries and prescriptions but grocery stores and pharmacies don't sell liquor like other states. I thought I was going to have to go out and stock up tomorrow but liquor stores can stay open too. :::whew:::
                          Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                          Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                          Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

• Originally posted by Djski442 View Post
                            I have a bad feeling that the numbers here in Michigan, for both positive tests and deaths, are about to skyrocket. Thousands of autoworkers in the area working in close quarters is a recipe for disaster. Some parts here were still working just a couple of days ago.
                            Yea, I noted yesterday looked like to me Louisiana and Michigan are the next States to surge in the wrong direction.

Originally posted by 45 Below View Post
                            Otherwise I can always resort to the shepherd's friend - the dock leaf.
                            We're not so smart here,

200324-only-flush-toilet-paper-corky-ac-538p_bc16dc0c31f320067e544fc43048098e.fit-360w.jpg

Comment

• Midnight EDT total COVID-19 positive tests in the U.S.:

Mar 20: 14,339
                              Mar 21: 19,640 (+37%)
                              Mar 22: 26,863 (+37%)
                              Mar 23: 34,717 (+29%)
                              Mar 24: 46,145 (+33%)
                              Mar 25: 54,867 (+19%)
                              Mar 26: 68,367 (+25%)

7-day average is exactly +25% per day (3.1 day doubling time).

Increasing arithmetically and not exponentially ...... but still increasing at a rapid rate. Presumably, wider expansion of testing has something to do with this.

Comment

• New York’s governor, Andrew Cuomo, has said officials are seeing very early signs that physical distancing may be starting to slow the spread of coronavirus in his state, but cautioned that the number of cases is still rising significantly and hospitals would soon be overwhelmed.

The New York City metro area accounts for 60% of new Covid-19 cases in the US. Despite that, Cuomo said it was encouraging that hospitalizations were projected to double every 4.7 days on Tuesday, compared with Monday, when the number was doubling every 3.4 days, and Sunday, when the figure was every two days.

“The arrows are headed in the right direction, and that is always better than the arrows headed in the wrong direction,” Cuomo said at a press conference Wednesday.

But the virus still continues to spread quickly, and Cuomo said the “single greatest challenge” New York faces right now is a severe lack of ventilators, essential equipment for patients with potentially fatal Covid-19 infections. He said New York needs 30,000 ventilators but only has 4,000 in the current system.

Cuomo said the state has purchased 7,000, and the federal government has now provided 4,000 as high-tier officials start to recognize New York’s crisis. Cuomo has said doctors would start trialling the use of one ventilator for two patients.
                                https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...onavirus-cases

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X