This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus

Every couple years I read about some virus that is spreading and threatening to be the next bubonic plague. I've grown pretty callous to it but this one seems to be a little more serious. Any experts care to weigh in?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I think you use a lime to prevent coronavirus.
    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

I hadn't worried about it but then people coming down with it will desperately try to get home and it will eventually spread. I'm heading for the southwest desert next week [it was already planned] to get away from everyone.
      Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
      Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
      Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Anchorage is one of 3 airports in the country where flights land from the most affected Chinese city:

83415428_10214980641525277_5168080700703768576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=8bAtH145xwcAX-yGlsp&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=6989d494e60f1c82d97f1ce5a682e3a5&oe=5E9C7CA8.jpg

There have been 2 reported cases in the US, one in Seattle and one in Chicago. Both had just returned from China and authorities in Alaska think they both traveled through Anchorage although they likely did not get off the plane.

First case in Canada, again, traveled to Wuhan.

This is very serious stuff. China has quarantined the entire city of 11 million and closed all 70,000 movie theaters in the country. They are rushing to build a 1,000 bed hospital that they will have open in 10 days. 54 dead now.

Comment

Not one of us human get out of this thing called life,alive. We all die of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
            but this one seems to be a little more serious.
            Just be careful what you bring home from the Grocery Store,
            wuhan-market-menu.jpg

Comment

Only Grade A krait goes at my house.
              It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Day View Post
                Not one of us human get out of this thing called life,alive. We all die of something.
                Correct. But most of us would prefer it to not happen tomorrow.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
                  I think you use a lime to prevent coronavirus.
                  Yeah, there's nothing quite so funny as a rapidly-spreading, deadly virus.
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Pole Day View Post
                    You might want to go visit some of those currently hospitalized with the virus. I'm sure they'd find your observation most comforting.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

I guess no Norco jokes then... OK...
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      ~~Groucho Marx
                      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                        You might want to go visit some of those currently hospitalized with the virus. I'm sure they'd find your observation most comforting.
                        Look, I've stared down Cancer twice, partner. The good Lord decides when our time is up.
                        Last edited by Pole Day; 01-26-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Another case in College Station, TX (home of Texas A&M). Sizeable numbers of Chinese grad students. Think I read they traveled before they exhibited symptoms. That's one of the worst factors I've read today...they think this virus is contagious early, during the incubation period.

Comment

Just remember that the news media - whether on the right or left - has a vested interest in scaring you. It keeps your eyeballs on the television and their sponsors. Ebola, SARS, Bird flu - it's the same every time. Only 5 confirmed cases in the US as of this writing. It makes really good copy, though.
                            I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                            Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Give the Chinese this, when they need to shut down major cities to prevent a potential pandemic, they shut them down, no questions asked.

How would that go over in this country?
                              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                              --Danny Noonan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X