"Jojo Rabbit"
    "Joker"
    "Little Women"
    "Marriage Story"
    "1917"
    "Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood"
    "Parasite"
    https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...ay-2020-01-13/

No mention of either of the main actors although there were a couple of noms in the technical categories.

I saw the Joker over the weekend and I don't care how well people think it was "acted" the movie wasn't even enjoyable or thoughtworthy. It was boring more than anything. Ford vs Ferrari was entertaining not only to me, but my fiancee as well.
    Last edited by BADGER; 01-13-2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed 'F vF' but it likely won't win. I agree with you on 'Joker.' I tried to watch 'Parasite' but gave up halfway through. I'm not as enthralled with 'Once Upon a Time..' as others. 'Marriage Story' was involving but ultimately, I don't like movies about actors and directors. 'The Irishman' is quite an accomplishment but ... '1917' was amazing.

Comment

1917. Because it's "bold," yet "safe."
        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
        --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by BADGER View Post
          I saw the Joker over the weekend and I don't care how well people think it was "acted" the movie wasn't even enjoyable or thoughtworthy. It was boring more than anything. Ford vs Ferrari was entertaining not only to me, but my fiancee as well.
          I was going to pick it up on Redbox, but when I saw the reviews I thought no way. Hollywood on a mission again.

Comment

Saw a show on cable “Ford vs. Ferrari” a couple nights ago. The whole story plus some movie spoilers (they did give a spoiler alert). Interesting showing the entire timeline of Fords attempts to purchase Ferrari and their mission to beat them at LeMans when Enzo refused to sell. Didn’t care to much for the overall format of the show but informative none the less.
            Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by Indyknut View Post
              Saw a show on cable “Ford vs. Ferrari” a couple nights ago.
              Can you tell us the name of the show? What channel/network was it on?

Originally posted by Indyknut View Post
              Didn’t care to much for the overall format of the show...
              Why? What about the format did you not care too much for?

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X