Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique This Art

msmati.jpg&w=1364&h=914&zc=3.jpg
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

A helluva lot better than I could ever do.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

Is there a date on when the painting was done?

==

Comment

Needs a Starbucks on the corner, or at least a zeppelin next to the guard tower or oil well. Also the street light need to be at least 10 feet higher

Comment

The proportions seem correct so it beats Hitler's watercolors.
          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

What town has an s-curve mainstreet? And the "Authentic Thomas Kincade" stamp looming in the sky like the eye of Sauron creeps me out.
            It Stinks!

"Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
            “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
            "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

These are all truly excellent responses.
              I saw a print of this in a consignment store to day.
              The description of it was that it was the scene from an early 20th century American town.
              Then I started looking at the cars and laughed.
              Last edited by comfortably numb; 11-08-2019, 11:32 PM.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

247WallSt.com-247WS-499831-imageforentry1100.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                  Critique This Art.
                  Marzipan on a canvas.
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Is a Chevy Nomad in front of the theater? Odd mix of vehicles.

The painting is for sale in the store on the left, I’m viewing on a phone, can’t see it clearly but

Marzipan with Kinkade, unique.

Nice photo find West.

Mr. Numb, a couple questions, is the work an older one and what was the asking price?

Comment

Kinkade is much much warmer with very bright colors. Kinkade is the master of light. The artist being represented here is a student.

Norman Rockwell would have you standing on the sidewalk, in a Vermont village, offering a peek inside a store front. with a cat sitting on a window sill. Something as simple as a cracked pane of glass. not in the middle of traffic while standing on a barstool. By keeping a distance, the artist doesn't have to get into great detail, and goes with an impressionistic approach. Blur the faces. The sides of the buildings could use for detail in the clapboard siding and the distant building on the right. I would like to see an indication of brick pattern.

The guard tower and search lights give me pause and cause me to wonder, where exactly am I? The snow melting doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy's of a fresh dumping of powder. These simple things distract me and upset the feeling.

The focal point drills into the side of a distant, feature less building. The artist broke the first rule. Never divide the canvas into 1/4's. The rule of 1/3's never fails the composition. A car coming head on is not as exciting as a 3/4 stance.

with a few minor adjustments, a decent painting could be a great painting.

I want to feel more of the warmth and glow that is happening on the sidewalk.

VCU School of Fine Art would give you 3 weeks to do a painting. On critique, if your canvas is still wet, you are in for a rough morning.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Kincade produced this one in 1995. As noted by Wackopedia:

"Kinkade's production method has been described as "a semi-industrial process in which low-level apprentices embellish a prefab base provided by Kinkade."[16] Kinkade reportedly designed and painted all of his works, which were then moved into the next stage of the process of mass-producing prints. It is assumed he had a hand in most of the original, conceptual work that he produced. However, he also employed a number of studio assistants to help create multiple prints of his famous oils. Thus while it is believed that Kinkade designed and painted all of his original paintings, the ones collectors were likely to own were printed factory-like and touched up with manual brush strokes by someone other than Kinkade."

I initially thought this street scene, which is in Placerville CA, was interesting, but then I was put off by the odd collection of cars. Kincade's later works became cartoonish.justlg.jpg&w=1364&h=909&zc=3.jpg
                        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

If they make it on black velvet I want one!
                          "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                          "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

When I see period paintings like this I look for the golden arches lurking somewhere in the background.
                            Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                            Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                            Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

I look for the exit.
                              "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                              "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X