"Breaking Away" at 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Breaking Away" at 40

Still one of my favorite movies. They had a reunion last night...apparently DC still has the bike!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Jamski; 09-13-2019, 11:43 AM.
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Where was the reunion... Did they head down to the quarry or did they hang out at the used car lot?

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

And now...

TODAY.jpg

Frank, there was a special showing at the Egyptian. Speaking though of the quarry, I asked Dennis C about this via twitter and he had very fond memories of swimming in the quarries during the shoot. We used to visit them after particularly grotty cave trips to rinse off the mud and sweat.
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Looks like Randy is the only one that still has to keep himself looking pretty. Making use of all that Tooth Whitener he had delivered recently.

Comment

Great movie.
          The quarry was good for skinny dipping if the dudes hiding in the bushes to see bushes weren’t a bother.
          Doing watermelons off the top with no support was a bit scary the first time.

Comment

What's funny is that Goner thought that the creeps in the bushes were there to see bushes.

Comment

It wasn't in/from a bush, but a quarry in Anchorage is where I got to see my first bush.
              "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Capua View Post
                Looks like Randy is the only one that still has to keep himself looking pretty. Making use of all that Tooth Whitener he had delivered recently.
                Yeah, his teeth are positively glowing in the photo above.

"Breaking Away" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

"Refund!"
                "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Capua View Post
                  What's funny is that Goner thought that the creeps in the bushes were there to see bushes.
                  The personal grooming habits of the day were not as sophisticated as today.
                  But, I’m just waxing nostalgic.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post

"Breaking Away" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

"Refund!"
                    Actually, the line that you quoted was a question: "Refund?".

Of all people to screw this up.

Comment

Paul Dooley’s character said it more than once and in more than one scene and it varied between being a question and an exclamation.
                      "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Good motion picture! I went to a Little 500 in the late 70's. Quite the party.
                        ...---...

Comment

Great movie. Unbelievable weekend.

Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

The movie has a Speedway connection. The inspiration for the movie was a Speedway native, Dave Blase, who rode 139 of the 200 laps in the 1962 Little 500 Race. Blase graduated from Speedway HS in 1957 a year before I moved to Speedway and started in 1958 so I didn't know him or of him at the time.
                            Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                            Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                            Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Did not know that.
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2008 5A Football State Champs
                              2015 6A Football State Champs
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...