Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGTOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MGTOW

    MGTOW is a movement of young men who claim to eschew relationships with women. While some still partake of casual sex when they can, others are quitting sex entirely. All reject any long term relationships with the opposite sex. Cynics will say, these are guys who aren't "gettin' any" in the first place, but many of them strongly claim otherwise. There are books, videos, YouTube channels, etc, promoting the lifestyle. They say that men have too much to lose getting involved with women. They also cite the risk of STD's. Note, they are not gay but heterosexually oriented.

    I find this a disturbing trend. I've long believed feminism's goal was to get rid of marriage and relationships between the sexes. Now we have a movement of young men (and some older ones) who claim they don't want relationships, many claim they aren't even interested in sex. I don't see this ending well for society if it becomes a real trend.

  • #2
    Geez- I've been a happy member for over twenty years and didn't know it!

    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

    Comment


    • #3
      I doubt your member is very happy about it.
      Live like Dave

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dave Anderson View Post
        I find this a disturbing trend. I've long believed feminism's goal was to get rid of marriage and relationships between the sexes. Now we have a movement of young men (and some older ones) who claim they don't want relationships, many claim they aren't even interested in sex. I don't see this ending well for society if it becomes a real trend.
        MGTOW are angry misogynist low lifes that do hate women. That's a far cry from some women not wanting to get married. Plenty of them have videos on YouTube wherein they drive around yelling at their GoPro for 25 minutes. Go check them out.

        Comment


        • #5
          WGGYAW

          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by catchme@241 View Post

            MGTOW are angry misogynist low lifes that do hate women. That's a far cry from some women not wanting to get married. Plenty of them have videos on YouTube wherein they drive around yelling at their GoPro for 25 minutes. Go check them out.
            Thanks for your opinion. Characterizing an entire community on a small number of people is the definition of prejudice. No fan of the idea of either sex rejecting relationships, but this is not what I have seen as representative of the movement.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dave Anderson View Post

              Characterizing an entire community on a small number of people is the definition of prejudice.
              Sort of, maybe (that's actually stereotyping), but how do you know how well researched he is on the topic?

              There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

              Comment


              • #8
                How many times does this topic have to circle the bowl before it disappears down the drain?
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Southern hemisphere, or northern?
                  There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I eschewed a career in Indycar after it was discovered that I had no discernible driving skill or ability to attract sponsors.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by catchme@241 View Post

                      MGTOW are angry misogynist low lifes that do hate women. That's a far cry from some women not wanting to get married. Plenty of them have videos on YouTube wherein they drive around yelling at their GoPro for 25 minutes. Go check them out.
                      No its not. You may wish to enlighten yourself. Youtube offers many channels on the subject matter. I support MGTOW based upon the whole picture and not just the one sided perception by the media.
                      "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

                      Lee Iacocca

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So what is the point to this thread?
                        "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

                        Lee Iacocca

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 1987Carzan View Post
                          I eschewed a career in Indycar after it was discovered that I had no discernible driving skill or ability to attract sponsors.
                          You too?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

                            You too?
                            Same here. I tried to start a movement eschewing racing to support my choice, but couldn’t get enough takers to get anywhere with it.
                            Eff LBD!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              0uf507836004984448801456fc1f5b5d20.jpg@!w420-h560.jpg
                              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                              ~~Groucho Marx
                              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X