How do you define "minor surgery?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you define "minor surgery?"

Minor surgery is when someone else is being cut!

I have some outpatient surgery tomorrow, "minor surgery." Gotta have a small hernia fixed. Doubt I will be able to share words of wisdom on the board tomorrow afternoon and night.
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Originally posted by nm View Post
    doubt i will be able to share words of wisdom on the board tomorrow afternoon and night.
    Not ACCEPTABLE!!!

phonesurgeryweibo.jpg?itok=Y8tOebsh.jpg
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

As long as they don’t bring in the machine that goes “PING!!”
      its no big deal.
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

As far as I'm concerned anything that can cut me or make me bleed is MAJOR!

Seriously though, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow nm!
        "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

http://www.jacksracephotos.net/

Comment

"Minor surgery" is something that happens to people I don't know far away from where I am. Major surgery happens to people I know, including on line know. So, hope it goes great.

Comment

Makes sure your Hospital and Insurance agency agree with you on the definitions.

Kid got 3 tiny(5 yr old finger) stitches on his finger getting jammed in a door.

Urgent Care coded it as "Surgery". After getting a bill for $1,400, called and it got re-coded as "Laceration". $200.

Comment

I would say that as long as your twig and berries are intact afterwards, it is minor...
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Minor surgery is when you stay awake. I watched a couple of my knee surgeries on the TV monitor, that was cool.

Comment

I was awake for my three heart caths recently. Didn't want to be. Begged them to put me out but they can't. Sometimes they need you to cough.

One of them lasted two hours and I'm laying there hearing them struggle. Not a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by nm View Post
                    How do you define "minor surgery?
                    That's easy. It's when your surgeon is under the age of 18.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                      I was awake for my three heart caths recently. Didn't want to be. Begged them to put me out but they can't. Sometimes they need you to cough.

One of them lasted two hours and I'm laying there hearing them struggle. Not a fun time.
                      Not exactly the same, but when I had a tube attached to my kidney I had to be awake in order to breathe on demand so they wouldn’t puncture my lung. Good times.
                      Eff LBD!

Comment

Depends on just how much Medicare kicks in...

Dan
                        Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

I’ve had a hernia repair and compared to rotator cuff surgery, it was definitely minor. Woke up with minor discomfort and no serious pain. The worst part of hernia repair is you have to take it easy for quite a while.

Comment

Minor Surgery is when the doctor tells you are going to be off your bike for a month and four months later you're still in the big black Velcro boot.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                            I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post

I get it, Crisp-man. I had a six hour ablation done, and at one point my electrocardiologist laid a major burn on me for which I had to be lucid. It was awful. I asked him, is that pain anything like a heart attack? He grinned and said, yeeeesssssssssss...and pushed the button again. Sadistic *******. But he did good work.

Now, I am supposed to go in again, in the next few weeks. Twig and berry issues, really bad. I am hoping I am out for that one...very, very out.
                              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Working...
                              X