Tax filing roll call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax filing roll call

Got mine done on Friday. Okay, my accountant got them done and filed them electronically but my taxes are done.

Working on finishing ours right now. Trying to file married-jointly for the first time when one person has multiple part-time jobs to track and a lot of the stuff is related to self-employment, all while wife is 9 months pregnant and I'm switching jobs . . . about as pleasant as jumping naked into a nest of wild hornets. What a bunch of bloated crap the whole system is. Monkeys at a keyboard could design better rules and forms.
    Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Did mine back in January.....Already got money back from the Feds but for the first time ever i did have to pay the state.

Comment

What makes mine easy now is Quickbooks which my admin gal updates and codes all during the year. When it's tax time, I just generate an accountant's copy and send it to him electronically. I haven't been in his office in 10 years, he's 350 miles away in Fairbanks. I get a stack of questions - 'are these expenses business or personal?' - but it goes pretty smooth.

Comment

I've used H&R Block's software for years. Some stuff in it isn't intuitive--last year I had to go through the thing two times before I could figure out how to deduct my wife's doctor-recommended bariatric surgery, for instance--but generally it reduces to the work to a morning or afternoon. Filed electronically last week, sent checks over the weekend. Owed much less to Feds than recent years, but Kansas is demanding more pounds of flesh now.
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

I'm giving it a pass again this year.
            "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Pick mine up today. I owe $3K.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I file my extension today. I will owe, but the new law gives me a break I did not have last year. I will e-file my return around 3PM Oct, 15.
                quote:
                "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Just did it on on Turbo Tax. Same as last year.

Mine is easy. Took less than an hour.

Uncle Sam and the state of NC will be direct depositing my refunds.
                  Live like Dave

Comment

Done. I owe the Fed 3k, State owes me 1k.
                    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

http://www.jacksracephotos.net/

Comment

Did mine back in January, Strange tax year for me as I was on ST disability for 3 months and then limited pay for 4. Got $160 back from feds but owed state $120.
                      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

I use Turbo Tax. It is a simple process. Before there was Turbo Tax, I used a pencil and a calculator.

I have ZERO training in accounting, but it amazes me the ordinary people who use either an actual accountant, or, IMHO, the untrained people at HR Block or its imitators. I get people with complex issues and people who own Sub-S corps and like that, but for an ordinary person with a W2, what those people charge is criminal.

Comment

Worth every cent.
                          Last edited by Truth Detector; 04-15-2019, 10:52 AM.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by nm View Post
                            I file my extension today. I will owe, but the new law gives me a break I did not have last year. I will e-file my return around 3PM Oct, 15.
                            Must be one hell of a break to offset the penalty and interest for filing late.
                            "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I don't understand all of you filling at the last possible minute?

I did our taxes as soon as I got all of the relevant documents at the end of January.

If you owe, I can understand holdingg off until now to mail it in, but not to do them.

Comment

Working...
                              X