Experimental New Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental New Thread

Just to see how well stuff seems to work so far.

Hmmm... no emoticons, and the straight video link works better than the YouTube one. Enlightening...

"I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

We know what is needed for the emoticons "smilies" to work, just haven't had the time.

This one works:
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post

Hmmm... no emoticons, and the straight video link works better than the YouTube one. Enlightening...
      I use Chrome and have not been able to use the YouTube links for a couple of years.

The issue I have is with pictures - there doesn't seem to be any way to figure out in advance how big a picture will be when it posts and there is no way to adjust the size without saving it to the desktop and manipulating it. Editing a post with a picture is a challenge.

D0oWZ-fVAAEjEkh.jpg

Photo above is looking back at Diomede Island which is 2 1/2 miles from Russia .. but it took me 3 times to get the text below the picture instead of above.

Comment

h
        Live like Dave

Comment

I believe that YouTube linking issue has to do with "Flash" software no longer being supported - I got two different new laptops recently (work & personal) and neither one wants to use flash-embedded content without coaxing and installing and updating and getting security warnings and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by originality View Post
            I believe that YouTube linking issue has to do with "Flash" software no longer being supported - I got two different new laptops recently (work & personal) and neither one wants to use flash-embedded content without coaxing and installing and updating and getting security warnings and stuff.
            Google allegedly is killing all Flash support on its Chrome browser come 2020...
            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
            --Danny Noonan

Comment

Is it safe?
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post

Basic smilies uploaded.

Comment

Search function does not work well. I know there was a lengthy thread about podcasts and I cannot find it now.

Comment

We'll re-index* the database in the wee hours tonight. That may help.

*(or whatever you call it).

Comment

Working...
                    X