Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big east coast black out (merged)

NY,Detroit ,Ohio,New England and some of Canada
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 11 posts.

Molon Labe!

well, at least it sounds like it isn't terrorist related...
    Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
    Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

OT - power outagaes?

Major cities loosing power? Any information?
      Please visit the tribute to my longtime friend Mel Kenyon

Comment

Caused by an overload of the Niagra Power Supply, just heard in the office. A fire in a New York Power Station caused the overload.
        "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

It must not be affecting eastern New England as I only learned about it on the net.
          Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Blame Canada.

Comment

Actually, they have blamed Canada now. Either the Mayor of NYC or the Gov of NY State said it was an overload there. That was what was reported this morning on either CNN or Fox News. However, the NY fire is something I had not heard about. Maybe it was a series of random things?

I know that NYC and a good deal of Jersey were affected. Were rural areas between the large cities affected also affected by this?
              One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

I think the NY fire story is a growth of the Canadan Lightning strike theory that they said happened in NY somewhere. Like many early rumors it may not be totally truthfull, the fire could have been a result of the power surges.
                "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

The local paper, an afternoon edition, was pointing the finger at Ohio. So now we have:

1) New York State
                  2) Canada
                  3) Ohio

Any other places to blame??
                  One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Well, we were testing at an Anheuser Busch plant in New York, and when we came to do their evening crew, they blamed us...

Now, I have blown a few circuts in my day, but that is a little extreme. Perhaps both of our A/C's kicked in at the same time...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X