way O/T Looking for beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way O/T Looking for beer

A friend of mine brought a couple cases of "Michelob Genuine Draft Lite" out to Az on his vacation.
    I've looked all over for it out west and can't find it.
    Any clues as to what state you can buy this stuff.
    The cans are really cool.
    Thanks
    I've got sources. I used to know a T-Shirt vendor at the Phoenix track.

Sounds like you need to stock up on your next trip to the midwest.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Bring me a boat to fill the empty space at my dock and I'll buy you some beer

Comment

Originally posted by 220mph
        Bring me a boat to fill the empty space at my dock and I'll buy you some beer
        Hey...I've got a fast boat for sale! Heck, I'll even fill it with beer if that's what it takes!
        ...---...

Comment

It's Michelob Golden Draft and, surprisingly, the place to find it is in Miller country (MN & WI). It goes head to head with MGD.

It's been out 7 or 8 years but still not in St. Louis.

Comment

I never thought of this as a rare beer. It is as common in Minnesota as Budweiser or Miller Lite. Personally, I prefer plain Michelob Lite for a quick drinkin' summer beer.

Comment

Generally, they only market Mich Golden where Genuine Draft sells well. From what I understand Mich Golden Light is currently the number one selling beer in Minnesota. You can tell when some folks are getting ready to head to Arizona because they start loading up on flats of Golden Light to make it through the winter.

Comment

mmmmm beer....

One of my favorite subjects I must say.

If any of you find yourselves East of the Ohio valley and looking for a good beer, try a Yuengling (pronounced Ying-Ling) brewed in Pottsville PA. It's the oldest brewery in America and they brew some fine beers at prices the average Miller/AB drinker will appreciate. Its now widely available on much of the East coast.

Their Lager is very good. For a lighter fare, check out the Premium Light. Very refreshing on a hot summers day and excellent for the track. For those winter months, the Black & Tan will warm the soul.

http://www.yuengling.com/
                To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

I'm not sure why this is considered "OT"!?!

Secondly, of all people, I would have never figured indymotors to be groveling for beer advice! (...computer help, yes, beer help, I'm surprised!)

http://harm.net
                  http://CampAndBrew.com

Comment

I discovered Yuengling about 6 months ago, and I'm in love.

All of you going to Naz should give it a try. The black and tan is especially yummy.

Comment

Several beat me to the Yuengling comment.

Yummy. When in Naz head a little west and tour the brewery!

Bud Ice for me if Im in the mood for a a sweeter beverage

Micki, have you escaped the crappy weather?
                      Live like Dave

Comment

I drove back to Texas from SE PA earlier this Spring. The first thing I loaded in the car was two cases of Yeungling Black & Tan (in bottles). It is also available in cans, I think even 16 oz'ers.

The others are right, go to Pottsville and take the factory tour. It is (at least when I went 4-5 years ago) a step back in time. No sterile, Budweiser/Coors plant tour, just walking around from building to building, right amidst the machinery. In the old days they used to go into the caves where they stored the beer but had to stop because of legal worries.

The best part is the tasting room at the end... black & tan fresh from the tap, YUMMY!!

Comment

Not much of a Beer Drinker myself but I was ammused the other day sitting here in Florida when a Friend of mine (an international United Pilot, so he's been around) informed me that he had found the best Beer he had ever tasted.

Genesee Beer.

This of course reminded me of Grant King and I just had to smile.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Thank God I do not fly over seas.

Anyone who thinks Genessee is the nectar of the gods
                            is probably not stable enough to operate any moving opbject.

JMHO
                            Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ
                              Thank God I do not fly over seas.

Anyone who thinks Genessee is the nectar of the gods
                              is probably not stable enough to operate any moving opbject.

JMHO
                              I agree with that one, it taste kind of sweet to me... but like I said I'm not much of a Beer Drinker. However this is Florida where they boil peanuts and they never heard of deep fried hammered pig butts.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                              I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X