Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Trebek has cancer

No 'form of the question' jokes, please:

Stage 4 pancreatic -- wow, that's a rough one. I wish him the best.

Comment

Comment

I'm a regular Jeopardy watcher, just so sad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MM658 View Post
          Stage 4 pancreatic -- wow, that's a rough one. I wish him the best.
          That's usually a pretty quick one. Rats.
          Eff LBD!

Comment

He's the best game show host out there. Seriously hope he can beat this.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
              I'm a regular Jeopardy watcher, just so sad right now.
              We watch nightly as a family. I learned about this from my son yesterday afternoon. He was visibly shaken by the news.

Alex will be in our prayers.
              "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Alex Trebek has shared a hopeful health update.

The "Jeopardy!" host -- who announced in March that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer -- told People magazine he's responding well to treatment.

So well, in fact, that the 78-year-old said he is in "near remission" according to his doctors. "It's kind of mind-boggling," Trebek said in the magazine's new cover story. "The doctors said they hadn't seen this kind of positive result in their memory ... some of the tumors have already shrunk by more than 50 percent."

The survival rate for those with Trebek's kind of cancer is 9% and he said news that he may be beating the odds left him emotional.

"But they were tears of joy, not tears of depression," Trebek said.
                https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/enter..._medium=social

Comment

Well good for him, I just had to bury a cousin of mine from pancreatic cancer 2 weeks ago at the age of 55..

Comment

Did anyone catch the Greatest of All Time Jeopardy tournament? Ken Jennings, not my personal favorite, won quite handily.

I can't figure out what happened with Brad Rutter. He wasn't even competitive in any episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob E. Bob View Post
                      Did anyone catch the Greatest of All Time Jeopardy tournament? Ken Jennings, not my personal favorite, won quite handily.

I can't figure out what happened with Brad Rutter. He wasn't even competitive in any episode.
                      I only watched a couple, but Brad wasn’t in the same league as the other two. Obviously he’s smart and good at the game, but when it came to playing the big dogs, he wasn’t close.
                      Eff LBD!

Comment

His fans are rabid! I cannot imagine trying to follow him up as host.

Comment

Originally posted by mstove View Post

I only watched a couple, but Brad wasn’t in the same league as the other two. Obviously he’s smart and good at the game, but when it came to playing the big dogs, he wasn’t close.
                          Rutter still holds the title for the highest earning contestant in Jeopardy history. Until the Greatest of All Time tournament he had never lost a Jeopardy match. He won the Ultimate Tournament of Champions in 2005, defeating Jennings at that time. According to one interview I read yesterday, Rutter said he was having trouble with his buzzer speed in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob E. Bob View Post

Rutter still holds the title for the highest earning contestant in Jeopardy history. Until the Greatest of All Time tournament he had never lost a Jeopardy match. He won the Ultimate Tournament of Champions in 2005, defeating Jennings at that time. According to one interview I read yesterday, Rutter said he was having trouble with his buzzer speed in the tournament.
                            I understand he's good - he just wasn't close to the other two when they were up there together. Buzzer speed is part of it.
                            Eff LBD!

Comment

Got 5 correct answers prior to Jennings .... geography ones

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X