• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Luke Perry

Died of a stroke at age 52
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

So sad to hear this.

Condolences to his family and friends. I enjoyed his work immensely.

Comment

Saw he had a stroke a couple days ago but didn’t realize it was this serious. RIP
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Bummer. Too young. I had seen him in Riverdale recently. Of course I remember him from 90210 as a teenager.....gone too soon.
        "We named the dog Indiana"

Comment

That is so young. But, anytime I hear massive stroke, I have to admit I hope it is final. I do not want to survive anything someone would describe like that.

RIP
          Eff LBD!

Comment

mstove, I'm with you on that. So sad.
            It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

In addition to 90210 and Riverdale, he was also in a couple of cult-classic films, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Fifth Element.

52 is so young.
              "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Perry was recently in a Hallmark made for tv movie. That was the last thing I saw him in. Gone too soon. Thoughts and prayers for family and friends. RIP.
                quote:
                "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

He's actually got a complete part filmed in the next Tarantino flick, the one with Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt about the guy who narrowly missed getting killed by the Manson Family because he didn't go to the dinner party that night.

Comment

Colin Hanks:

I only met him once but the story is too good not tell given today's sad events. My wife and I are on a plane back from Mexico. Couple of rows ahead of us, these two brothers, young kids, are beating the hell out of each other. Their poor parents are powerless to stop the crying, yelling and screaming. If you're a parent you understand. Sometimes there's nothing you can do. It was like this for close to two hours. Then about 10 minutes before landing it starts to get real bad. Out of nowhere, a man comes from first class. Hat, beard, sunglasses, blowing up a balloon. He ties it off, hands it off like he's holding out a sword to a king. Kneeling, head down, arms up. Kids calm down in milliseconds. Plane damn near bursts into applause. 15 minutes longer and it probably would have started WWIII, but we landed before that could happen. We get off the plane, are waiting on line in customs. Finally get a good look at the guy and I say to my wife "Holy ****. I think that balloon man/hero" is Luke Perry". As luck would have it we end up standing next to each other. Out of the blue he turns to me and says some kind words about Fargo, which kinda blew my mind. I start singing his praises about how long I've admired him and also about the move with the balloon. "That's a pro move! You can't teach that!" I say. He tells me he always flies with a couple of balloons for that very reason, to give to screaming kids. Don't know if that's true, but have no reason to believe it wasn't. Guy seemed like a true gent. Gone way too damn soon. Also, I'll be damned if I don't start traveling with some spare balloons.

Comment

Hated to see this. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                        Colin Hanks:

I only met him once but the story is too good not tell given today's sad events. My wife and I are on a plane back from Mexico. Couple of rows ahead of us, these two brothers, young kids, are beating the hell out of each other. Their poor parents are powerless to stop the crying, yelling and screaming. If you're a parent you understand. Sometimes there's nothing you can do. It was like this for close to two hours. Then about 10 minutes before landing it starts to get real bad. Out of nowhere, a man comes from first class. Hat, beard, sunglasses, blowing up a balloon. He ties it off, hands it off like he's holding out a sword to a king. Kneeling, head down, arms up. Kids calm down in milliseconds. Plane damn near bursts into applause. 15 minutes longer and it probably would have started WWIII, but we landed before that could happen. We get off the plane, are waiting on line in customs. Finally get a good look at the guy and I say to my wife "Holy ****. I think that balloon man/hero" is Luke Perry". As luck would have it we end up standing next to each other. Out of the blue he turns to me and says some kind words about Fargo, which kinda blew my mind. I start singing his praises about how long I've admired him and also about the move with the balloon. "That's a pro move! You can't teach that!" I say. He tells me he always flies with a couple of balloons for that very reason, to give to screaming kids. Don't know if that's true, but have no reason to believe it wasn't. Guy seemed like a true gent. Gone way too damn soon. Also, I'll be damned if I don't start traveling with some spare balloons.
                        Priceless...and I'm speechless.

The world has lost a great guy.

Dan
                        Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

Back when 90210 was the big thing, he was the only one out of that whole lot who actually seemed halfway cool.

I still remember when he had to present an award at the 1992 VMAs with Howard Stern, who flew in under the guise of "Fartman," the world's most obnoxious superhero....

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                            Colin Hanks:

Why didn't he pull that trick like 30 minutes into the flight

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                              Back when 90210 was the big thing, he was the only one out of that whole lot who actually seemed halfway cool.

I still remember when he had to present an award at the 1992 VMAs with Howard Stern, who flew in under the guise of "Fartman," the world's most obnoxious superhero....
                              Why couldn't it have been him?

I have never gotten his gimmick and he seems like a 24 carat a-hole.

YMMV
                              Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X