Indiana has its first national park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana has its first national park

Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore is now Indiana Dunes National Park. Got a heads up email from one of our senators earlier this week.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Outstanding. Long overdue.
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Excellent!
        "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Are we that desperate to find something cool in Nature East of the Mississippi

Big Deal, 15 miles of sand in the Midwest , maybe we should make Venice Beach a National Park

*-The above is for humorous purposes only and does not reflect the Poster's feeling of Natural Beauty all across this great Country

Comment

Originally posted by rodneyh View Post
            Are we that desperate to find something cool in Nature East of the Mississippi

Big Deal, 15 miles of sand in the Midwest , maybe we should make Venice Beach a National Park

*-The above is for humorous purposes only and does not reflect the Poster's feeling of Natural Beauty all across this great Country
            Michigan has over 3000 miles of fresh water coastline. Second only to Alaska.
            I like Ren and chevy. I don't care much for djski. That's my 'scientific' poll of one. - -Mannishboy-

Comment

Octave Chanute experimented with gliders at the Dunes. IIRC, the Wrights considered them, too...but Kitty Hawk was windier.

Dan
              Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

I had never heard of Indiana Dunes before a few days ago when I saw this from Atlas Obscura: house-of-tomorrow-restoration-indiana
                "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Camped there with my parents and siblings back when it was a lowly State Park.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                  I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

*As Davydd adds another National Park to his dossier without leaving home**

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X