Mark Hollis 1955-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Hollis 1955-2019

I am still hoping against hope that this is not true, but...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mark-...ged-64-2453863
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Comment

Sadly, a whole generation of people think Gwen Stefani wrote, 'It's My Life'.

Comment

I don't go deep with Talk Talk but Ive always liked that weird video.
        Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
          Sadly, a whole generation of people think Gwen Stefani wrote, 'It's My Life'.
          She grew up listening to KROQ, where Talk Talk was played all the time. I thought that was a cool move for No Doubt to cover that song, but I expect you are right Jim. Same thing happened to David Bowie when Nirvana covered Man Who Sold the World in their acoustic MTV set - I'd bet most people who know the song to this day think it is a Nirvana original.

Mark Hollis was an interesting dude, great band. Sad news.

Comment

It was bands like Talk Talk that kept turning me in direction of New Wave/Punk/Alternative. Started listening to Talk Talk in 1982. I never stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
              She grew up listening to KROQ, where Talk Talk was played all the time. I thought that was a cool move for No Doubt to cover that song
              I don't have issues with covers, like a lot of them but I don't have much use for artists who don't put any effort into it. The one that grinds my jaws is Natalie Merchant on 'Because The Night.' Sounds like she's reading the words off a card.

Comment

The best of the "tributes" to have appeared so far.

"I did it. Full stop."

Comment

Godspeed, Mark.
                  "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                  “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                  "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X