Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishers High School shows how to deal with sexual harassment

Or how not to deal with it.

Boy swimmer was punished for sexual harassment and suspended but still allowed to swim in the state tournament because the girls season was over. The IHSAA supported the decision. Oh, the president of the IHSAA board is the AD at Fishers.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

He has learned a valuable lesson which will serve him well in life!
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

He sent a dick pic.

Comment

He could run for Congress.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Older I get, more I realize I went to a better high school than I thought. Back in the early '80s, mine threw two star wrestlers off the team after they got caught stealing gas from the pump outside the bus shed. Cost us probably nothing less than the state championship in that sport. Lots of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth because of that.

The administration didn't care. They didn't put it quite so bluntly as this, but they wanted those kids to realize that all it takes is one stupid mistake to destroy something you've worked for all your life.

Heck, they even made the point without social media shaming. Imagine that.
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Ooh, and your wrestling team was coached by a psychopath.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Perhaps, but his wrestlers won
              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
              --Danny Noonan

Comment

We're supposed to believe a boy on the swim team harrassed girls?

Do they still wear the little speedos? That alone kept most straight guys off the swim team when I was in school.

Comment

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                  ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if a certain poster isn't actually a bot of some kind...
                    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                      The appropriate response would have been...

Wasn't it a pretty funny post? As well as being true where I went to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                        I'm starting to wonder if a certain poster isn't actually a bot of some kind...
                        Truth Detector?

Comment

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
                          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Anderson View Post
                            The appropriate response would have been...

Wasn't it a pretty funny post? As well as being true where I went to school.
                            Since you saw fit to completely disregard that it was determined that the young man had harassed a young girl,
                            and since the swimmers I knew were also water polo players who were capable of breaking you in two
                            for such homophobe comments, no, I think my response was appropriate.
                            ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                              Since you saw fit to completely disregard that it was determined that the young man had harassed a young girl,
                              and since the swimmers I knew were also water polo players who were capable of breaking you in two
                              for such homophobe comments, no, I think my response was appropriate.
                              Nobody in the 80s (or 60s or whenever you grew up) knew what a "homophobe" comment was, because there was no such word at the time (or if there was, 99.9% of the public didn't know of it or use it).

If these water polo players saw fit to break someone in two for the type of joke that would have been heard on prime time TV at the time, I'm sure they would have enjoyed their time in jail, and rightly so.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X