Indiana High School Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana High School Wrestling

A few days late, but I was there on Friday. Good tournament. Congratulations to the local guys, one each from Center Grove and Greenwood, who took a state championship and second place respectively.

I didn't go on Saturday as I streamlined a "real" state tournament. The Iowa championships. It's ALL good.

Originally posted by KDS View Post
    A few days late, but I was there on Friday. Good tournament. Congratulations to the local guys, one each from Center Grove and Greenwood, who took a state championship and second place respectively.

I didn't go on Saturday as I streamlined a "real" state tournament. The Iowa championships. It's ALL good.
    I am a native Iowan that lives in So Cal and this year was the first time that I couldn’t watch the stream of the finals.
    They put up a paywall and I just didn’t feel it was worth it. No 4 timers this year too. I still love the tourney and was in high school when Jeff Kerber and Scott Morningstar got their 4th titles.
    RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Grigson View Post
      I am a native Iowan that lives in So Cal and this year was the first time that I couldn’t watch the stream of the finals.
      They put up a paywall and I just didn’t feel it was worth it. No 4 timers this year too. I still love the tourney and was in high school when Jeff Kerber and Scott Morningstar got their 4th titles.
      I was in high school when Kerber won his fourth. I was at the tournament too, supporting my friends who made state. Kerber was such a celebrity then. It's really a shame injuries kept him from the top pedestal at Iowa. My friend was telling me about a Cathedral wrestler, who won four times in the 80s. Can't remember his name, but you have to be great to win that many no matter the state. I think he ended up like Kerber and didn't win an NCAA title (but Kerber was a three-time Big 10 champion and three-time All-American).

You could have kept up with the tournament on the Des Moines Register. They kept some pretty up to date news on the tournament.

The Indiana tournament is a very nice, almost intimate one. Nice setting, but it's a shame that not all seats were filled. And there IS some good wrestling. There's good wrestling everywhere, but IMO the atmosphere can never match that in Iowa.

Comment

I kept up a little bit. My school didn't have a kid in this year so that was another reason. I grew up close to Clear Lake and I saw where they had 1 state champ this year. Central Springs had one as well.

I too share your opinion that Iowa has the best state tournament.
        RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X