Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who drives?

I do.
    But that doesn’t stop her from telling me I am wrong to fill the rental car with gas the off ramp before we get to the rental car return.
    And my being right does prevent her from acknowledging it.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
    I do.
    But that doesn’t stop her from telling me I am wrong to fill the rental car with gas the off ramp before we get to the rental car return.
    And my being right does prevent her from acknowledging it.
    Aren't you supposed to return the rental car full? If so it makes logical sense to fill it at the last station before the rental car return location if at all possible so I am not sure why Mrs. Numb thinks that is incorrect

Comment

She thought there would be stations at the next off ramp and I suspected there weren’t going to be.
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

It's been my experience with my current car that the needle doesn't move for 30 miles or more after a fill up. I'll fill it on Sunday afternoon, and Tuesday morning after commuting 30 miles each way Monday, it often still reads full. The guy at the rental drop off just gives a quick glance at the gauge, and doesn't go top off the tank to find out it its 1/8 of a gallon short so he can charge you for a gallon. Just fill it at a convenient station on the way to the airport and you're fine. Don't get cute with it. Often the neighborhood near the airport is not the place you want to be stopping for gas...
        "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Get back to me when the person sitting next to you and constantly critiquing your driving is legally blind but convinced they saw it better than you.

Thankfully it amuses me more than it bothers me.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
            It's been my experience with my current car that the needle doesn't move for 30 miles or more after a fill up. I'll fill it on Sunday afternoon, and Tuesday morning after commuting 30 miles each way Monday, it often still reads full. The guy at the rental drop off just gives a quick glance at the gauge, and doesn't go top off the tank to find out it its 1/8 of a gallon short so he can charge you for a gallon. Just fill it at a convenient station on the way to the airport and you're fine. Don't get cute with it. Often the neighborhood near the airport is not the place you want to be stopping for gas...
            This is a good point. And a better one being the stations near the airport. Indy’s is always high....and there is one station near Orlando’s airport that is notorious for gouging folks that need to fill up right before turning in a rental.
            "We named the dog Indiana"

Comment

Come on numb, how long have you been married? We're never right.
              "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mattbholland View Post
                <snip>....and there is one station near Orlando’s airport that is notorious for gouging folks that need to fill up right before turning in a rental.
                IMO marketing savvy by the station owner. I'm learning 'good or bad' is oftentimes a matter of perspective.
                "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                  Come on numb, how long have you been married? We're never right.
                  Oh, I know.
                  We return the car, and get on the sky train to the terminal.
                  She asks if I know what terminal we leave from and I reply no, but I am sure there will be signs to direct us.
                  So she turns to a woman on the train to ask her if SHE knows which is United’s terminal.
                  Of course, as we exit the train there are giant directional signs.
                  Sometimes she makes me feel so competent...
                  ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

The above appears to be some strange, quasi-haiku verse.
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

With out my wife, I'd never know that we are coming up on a stop sign, red light, or cars in front of slowing down. I'd also wouldn't know to get in the right lane because our exit is coming up in five miles.
                      I like Ren and chevy. I don't care much for djski. That's my 'scientific' poll of one. - -Mannishboy-

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                        You and numb win the internet today.

BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                          You can thank me later. Or not at all, your prerogative.
                          You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Djski442 View Post
                            With out my wife, I'd never know that we are coming up on a stop sign, red light, or cars in front of slowing down. I'd also wouldn't know to get in the right lane because our exit is coming up in five miles.
                            Yep.
                            I just tell mrs goner, with the way you critique my driving you must be shocked, shocked I say, when I pull in the driveway and you see the car hasn't been smashed to smithereens.

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                              Oh, I know.
                              We return the car, and get on the sky train to the terminal.
                              She asks if I know what terminal we leave from and I reply no, but I am sure there will be signs to direct us.
                              So she turns to a woman on the train to ask her if SHE knows which is United’s terminal.
                              Of course, as we exit the train there are giant directional signs.
                              Sometimes she makes me feel so competent...
                              Read this in Bob Dylan's nasally twang.
                              "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X